SST Songs that drive you crazy

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I was in Germany some years ago, and I heard the German version of "Air"! That was really funny!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Some international translations are pretty bad sometimes.

Like the Hebrew versions of Jazz and Pinball Number Count. They have to cram so much into so little time.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Like the Hebrew versions of Jazz and Pinball Number Count. They have to cram so much into so little time.

You don't need to be reminded, but the Pinball number in Hebrew scared me for YEARS so bad, I couldn't even listen to the English one. And I got over that like 3 years ago.....the English one anyway.

Of course, I've found a lot of other language theme songs can have their own charm... and a lot of other language songs from either Sesamstratte or Sesamestrasse (I get them confused all the time... I get Dutch and German confused all the time too) have been redone, rerecorded.

There was another song that drove me into insane bouts of laughter, I want to say it's the original Big Round Nose bit... and I also want to say it's "Pearl White Teeth"... but I can't remember specifically.

ISNorden

Reaction score

Yeah, the counting parts of those translations don't scan well at all. The Hebrew number-names are usually longer than the English ones, forcing a singer to rattle them off twice as fast. (In a language closely related to English, that's less likely to happen; I've heard Pinball Count #10 in Norwegian, and most of the number-names fit into the melody pretty well.)

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And I got over that like 3 years ago.....the English one anyway.
I've always been a fan of the Pinball Number Count. Why? I have no idea.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Good point, but even SS will have to go out sometime. It cannot go on forever.