Spammers at MC...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well I don't know about how to do any of that my friend. I'm sure that slander is against the law, but then again there would be the argument of free speech. Since he is not making threats to anyone or black mailing anyone I don't know how much of a legal stand you would have.
You have a point. There's not much we can do in the means of him not threatening anyone, but he is posting disturbingly explicit sexual depraved things on a family site. And has continuously done so for two years. There has to be action we can take on this. Someone needs to find out who this is, contact mental health professionals and get this guy either the help he needs or isolate him away from society. There's a difference between trolling on a board for the lulz and trolling on a board for deep, disturbing mental problems with alarming frequency. Short story, this guy has issues, and not short term, talk it over type ones. Long term, court ordered therapy ones.

And yes, I apologize for using "retarded" as the "Boston still uses the term 'retahhhd' in casual speech when it shouldn't, and it's hard to drain it from our vocabulary when people still use it in the derogatory way, yet on the other hand the word should be taken back to mean person who is stupid, horrible, horribly stupid, and stupidly horrible" sort of way. Personally, what I want to call him would almost rival his disturbing bullcrap. Kinda happens when you've been treated like crap your entire life and it has horrible ramifications on your self esteem, and unlike the well meaning movement says, things definitely didn't get better. I've jumped ship other forums when I've been harassed (even if they were right about a couple things), but found this a safe haven, now as it isn't, ehhh...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I think if anything like that would be done it would almost have to be done by Phillip. We could start a patioin or open letter to see if we could get a more strict sign up, where we would have to have more information.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That said, I apologize if I'm dumping a lot on everyone here, and I by no means mean to complain as a cry baby or anything. It's just... it's not a welcoming atmosphere when someone calls you out to say that you like to... well... disturbing sexual things on a site about a family franchise, specifically a preschool based program that nostalgically draws you back. You want to have fun little conversations, maybe the odd heated Geewunner stuff is the worst you should expect.

The site needs more tools to help the mods that it just doesn't have with the new format. I'm sure that's a basic agreement, and I'd say the forum itself is to blame, not the mods. If we have to move the entire site to another, more secure forum, so be it.

OH.

And the fact the thing's been up for almost an hour now speaks volumes about that.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I sent @Phillip a message about this guy the last time he posted his idiotic stuff, but didn't get any response. This guy needs to be banned ASAP, he's ruining the board for not only the members he's unfairly bullying, but anyone else who wants to post or read here. And not to beat the same old drum, but the Count either needs to have his administrative powers expanded or this place needs more mods. A forum can't essentially be run day-to-day by one individual.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this DrTooth and OscarFan.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That said, I apologize if I'm dumping a lot on everyone here, and I by no means mean to complain as a cry baby or anything. It's just... it's not a welcoming atmosphere when someone calls you out to say that you like to... well... disturbing sexual things on a site about a family franchise, specifically a preschool based program that nostalgically draws you back. You want to have fun little conversations, maybe the odd heated Geewunner stuff is the worst you should expect.

The site needs more tools to help the mods that it just doesn't have with the new format. I'm sure that's a basic agreement, and I'd say the forum itself is to blame, not the mods. If we have to move the entire site to another, more secure forum, so be it.

OH.

And the fact the thing's been up for almost an hour now speaks volumes about that.
That and the fact that the said member is still online as we speak.

You have every right to be upset by this, and I don't think anyone would fault you otherwise. I'm upset for you, and this forum, and hope we can see some change.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've been saying for years, what MC really needs is more mods, specifically, mods who are regularly active on the forum so they can monitor the stuff that goes on around here so we can less of it. Phillip isn't regularly active, he's got life, family, and responsibility, so that eats up his freetime, and Ed alone can only do so much... what we need is a global moderator: someone who has more power than a regular mod, who can actually ban members that obviously need to be banned whenever Phil's not able to take care of business.

That being said, I don't know why Phil hasn't looked into this yet, it would certainly lighten both his and Ed's load to have extra staff moderating the forum.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I sent @Phillip a message about this guy the last time he posted his idiotic stuff, but didn't get any response. This guy needs to be banned ASAP, he's ruining the board for not only the members he's unfairly bullying, but anyone else who wants to post or read here. And not to beat the same old drum, but the Count either needs to have his administrative powers expanded or this place needs more mods. A forum can't essentially be run day-to-day by one individual.
I don't want to be that guy, but if things don't improve, I'm leaving, and hope to see others in tow. I do not want to be unfair to Phillip or The Count. The Count especially works very hard on this site, and he's short handed and doing the best he can as a result. Needing more mods is one thing (the other Mods never come by hear anymore, and no one was appointed since The Count), but intense overhaul that leads to new membership being more thoroughly checked out and regulated is what we truly need.

I can't say "this member has been doing this for two whole years" enough. Trolling is immaturity, and usually the actions of bored fatso little brats under 15. There is no malice, just lulz and lolz, and jerkitude. This, however, is malice. Depraved, unfettered, malicious, psychological warfare for not condemning a puppeteer for something that's murky at best if he did it. And, I dunno about you, but I've actually lost all sympathy as a result. Like Kickstart a campaign to get SW to overdub all his past performances loss of sympathy. I don't deserve this, you don't deserve this, no one deserves this. "I disagree!' "You're wrong" Heck... I'd even think a "What are you? [that word I used before that jerks use]" is more reasonable. But "you liek to [long rambling manifesto of quintuple X rated material that would get Ron Jeremy and Larry Flint to puke]"? Those are the ramblings of a dangerously insane person that's a danger to himself and others. NO ONE deserves that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh wait. Guy's still here. The threads were just removed. That'll learn him.

Still on the active members section on the main page too. Didn't even discourage him from coming back.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just finished deleting GoboFan1981's crap. Since this is the third time these reports have come in, that user has lost whatever last shred of credibility they had under the possibility of having their account hacked by someone else spouting/posting the obscene slanderous nonsense they've posted at various times this last month. Additionally, I would recommend all the people who reported GoboFan1981's posts today to contact the forum administrator to get this idiot permanently banned from the forum. If you feel so inclined to ask the administrator to reestablish either the temporary banning system or to give moderators the 24/7/365(366) ability to delete troublesome members like GoboFan1981 rather than be restricted to first-month membership periods of new member registrations, that would be highly welcome as well.