Spammers at MC...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, gang.

You know I'm always here at the boards through the week (and, yes, while I should be working!), but I can't always keep up with every thread that's posted.

If something looks as though it could be SPAM, please post a link to that thread here and, unless it's just blatant obvious SPAM, explain the reason you think it might be.

I think that'll help me keep a better eye on things and I can report these to Phil and the other moderators better; plus, this will help them locate such SPAM as needed.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kev

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I admit that I'm partly replying here so as to be in the same thread as two of my favorite MC posters (Fozzie and Vic, you guys still rule). But I'm also here to embarrasedly ask: What is spam (and I don't mean the lunchmeat or Muppet Treasure Island character)? And here's to the hopes that I haven't spammed as of yet (and my apologies if I did).

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
SPAM---internet scams. Don't know how it got the name, but when folks come to a place and post something that is more advertisement than anything, and the sole purpose of joining is to post "spam."

You also get "spam" mail. The guy in Africa who wants your bank account so he can direct deposit millions of dollars in your account--only to DEPORT your funds from you!

A case of spamming would be if I signed on only to post:

See Muley the Mule and Friends Comix at
www.picturetrail.com/muleythemule
And buy your Muley Gear at
www.cafepress.com/muleythemule

Well, I'm on these boards all the time and I have posted those links when it was appropriate because someone asked about seeing a photo of the Mahna-Mahna I built, or about a Muley T Shirt--I've responded. In those cases, it's not SPAM.

Here's a thread (without the link) that was one of the many Spams:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=21738

Does that help any?

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
SPAM: Definition 1:
A disgusting lunch meat
Definition 2:
The worthless posting of gibberish (eg. hwergkjldsl;kfaj!)

Sorry if I spammed when trying to define spam!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
I admit that I'm partly replying here so as to be in the same thread as two of my favorite MC posters (Fozzie and Vic, you guys still rule). But I'm also here to embarrasedly ask: What is spam (and I don't mean the lunchmeat or Muppet Treasure Island character)? And here's to the hopes that I haven't spammed as of yet (and my apologies if I did).
You rock, Jay.

SPAM is also fake ham in a tin and Monty Python sings about it!
I don't like SPAM!