Something That Agrevates Me (Need To Vent)

rexcrk

Reaction score
One thing I don't get is how anyone COULDN'T like the Muppets...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are people out there that don't even like cartoons. I don't get it either. My guess is it's usually the result of being self conscious. People who are afraid of appearing immature to others so they try too hard to be as dull amd colorless a person as possible. There is a time and place for everything – especially Muppets!

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
There are people out there that don't even like cartoons. I don't get it either. My guess is it's usually the result of being self conscious. People who are afraid of appearing immature to others so they try too hard to be as dull amd colorless a person as possible.

I don't know, but I'd agree most of that point. That and other people like evil forms of entertainment, Jamie Kennedy Xperiment, Jerry Springer, Jack***, Elimidate, stuff like that.

I don't get the cartoon thing either... I mean, there are so many kinds, independant experimental pieces, adult shows like South Park, Simpsons, etc. Cartoons are not all Buddy bears get allong with each other, and the Muppets would rather blow each other up than have a group hug, know what I mean. When People think of Muppets, they think oooh... Kermit and Piggy acting like Micky and Minnie Mouse, and Elmo. They know not about Crazy Harry, violent monsters, or anything like that. They think Sesame Street.. and when they think Sesame Street, they think Elmo...

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I am constantly being teased and laughed at about my obsession with Fraggle Rock and The Muppets, and It really does'nt bother me. I Love the Fraggles and Muppets, and nothing will ever make me hate them!

Didymus

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
people don't want to give things like Muppets a chance, because they are associated with kids, and once most people hit those wonderful teen years :mad: they think they are too 'cool' for Muppets (Luckily, my phase like this lasted only around a month!)

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Fortunately, I never experienced this phase. In fact, I have become a greater fan of some "kiddie" cartoons such as Arthur and Berenstain Bears.

In elementary school, I loved the Care Bears and the Chipmunks; and still do today.

People who see this as de-ranged have issues :big_grin:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Sir Didymus said:
I Love the Fraggles and Muppets, and nothing will ever make me hate them!

"Hear, hear!"

:excited::excited: (stands up and applauds loudly):excited::excited:

Convincing John:excited:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
People who see this as de-ranged have issues :big_grin:
they just aren't grown up enough to enjoy the same things we do!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
In my case, in most instances, I find the exact OPPOSITE to be true! Going into Hot Topic, the people in there are always friendly toward the Muppets (probably because they know they'd fit right in. LOL, j/k) and they feel the exact same way I do: that they should carry more Fraggle Rock shirts in adult sizes.

One tiem while in the mall, I saw this one guy walking through the halls wearing a Muppet/Weezer shirt. I immediately walked up to him. As I approached, he just looked at me like, "Oh, brother. Here we go again! Well, let's get this over with." So, when I gto to him, I asked him where he got the shirt. He immediately looked at me with an expression of pure shock! He was fully expecting me to harass him.

In fact, the only place I got the "freak" look, and speach, was in Toys 'R' Us. A TOY STORE! Anybody in there is immature, because they are buying TOYS! TOYS! Muppets are really just glorified toys, why would I be treated like a freak in a toy store?