Something That Agrevates Me (Need To Vent)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
In fact, the only place I got the "freak" look, and speach, was in Toys 'R' Us. A TOY STORE! Anybody in there is immature, because they are buying TOYS! TOYS! Muppets are really just glorified toys, why would I be treated like a freak in a toy store?
I got a freak look in TRU too!! I asked about Muppet watches, and the lady looked at me as to remind me I was a teenager. Then she called a guy to the customer service counter (where we were) and he looked around and said "who is asking" then she said, that girl there, and the guy gave me a weird look, too!

then after all that, they didn't even have the watches....

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I even got a speach about how I was too old for the Muppets from the lady working there. First she asked my Mom if she had a little girl at home she was buying them for, but, of course, they were for me. And I was standing right there, so she could let me have it! She said something about it not being "normal". All Ikept thinking was, "ok, I'll go out and buy a gun and threaten to blow up a school like "normal" kids." hehe! That was an interesting day. Sure is good for a decent laugh looking back on it.

That's how I think we ought to look at such situations. If a person thinks you're a freak, we should just laugh and think to ourselves, "Wow! I'd fit right in on the Muppet Show!"

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Well said Super Scooter!

Didymus

P.S I've been waiting for a thread like this for a long time!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
The person who really gives me a hard time about my childlike tastes is my brother Benjamin, two years younger than me. He's away at college now. Our tastes were fairly similar until he hit middle school. His diverged completely from mine by high school, while mine just remained the same. He is always telling me how lame I am when he sees me, but then in his estimation you can't even think about having a good time if you're sober, let alone watching kids' TV shows! He aggravates me... BTW, I just noticed... this is my 500th post! I'm halfway there!!! :big_grin:
Erin

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
It's the same kind of thing with my brother. He's four years younger than me, and doesn't really understand why I'm still such a huge fan of things like Scooby Doo.

Fozzie

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
There are people out there that don't even like cartoons. I don't get it either. My guess is it's usually the result of being self conscious. People who are afraid of appearing immature to others so they try too hard to be as dull amd colorless a person as possible. There is a time and place for everything – especially Muppets!
I agree.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Dude, why would you even care? I get weird looks everyday just because I have dreadlocks. Yesterday I heard two girls in my lecture (who were sitting behind me) whispering about me and saying "Oh man, look at her hair... it looks terrible!" but she was wearing a BOB MARLEY t-shirt... she should appreciate my dreadedness. People always think I'm dirty just because of them too, but I wash them everyday. Anyway, I've never cared. I usually just yell at them for my own amusement. One day I was walking down the street and this mid-aged woman was giving me the dirtiest look so I yelled "Yeah? AND I'M UNEMPLOYED TOO!!!" and then she stopped looking and walked a little faster. XD It was good times.

So I say hold all of your Muppet stuff up with pride and scream "I AM ADULT! I LIKE MUPPETS! HEAR ME ROAR!" and then see what people have to say to you. If they're so wrapped up in what other people look like or what other people like, then that's just unfortunate for them.

^_^ Dreaded Debo

Baby Animal

Reaction score
I actually have a bunch of friends who have more toys than I do. So life is good in that sense. Anyone who knows me even remotely though knows that I am a big kid that collects Muppets. In fact, I had them all displayed at my work for a time. Now I have some Heroclix and some happy meal toys decorating my desk. In fact, sometimes people in the office pick some up for me. That's cool.

Whether people think I'm immature or not, it doesn't really matter. I enjoy my collections, I play with them, move them to different scenes, watch Muppet movies, and act like a big kid. Everyone says my son is gonna love playing with me as he grows up. I hope he does. I'll see if he can keep up with me :smile:

Where's my toys?