So whats up with Blue House, Animal Jam, that Australian Muppet Show, and Hoobs?

Beauregard

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
PM, that is some wonderful news, thanks for sharing!

I wonder why it was decided in the first place to not renew Bear for any new episodes? It does so well after all.
Maybe someone shot the bear for sniffing them...Maybe someone found that Tutter had found crack in teh floor boards ands reported it...Maybe one of the otters killed the other...Maybe shadow dissapeard on a bright day...

The list is endless, man.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Scott. "I wonder why it was decided in the first place to not renew Bear for any new episodes? It does so well after all."

Disney decided they had enough episodes to repeat. Preschool shows have high audience turnover so perpetual repeats are seen as OK. It didn't help from Disney's p.o.v. that Bear is good because it's expensive.

secret squirrel

Luke

Reaction score
Princess Melora said:
Now that EM-TV is out of the picture, the Henson Five, Shadow Productions and Disney Channel are all meeting regarding new Bear projects. Don't be surprised if a few specials, or even a movie deal, is announced in the near future.
Possible, but i think persuading Disney to commision something new is going to be very hard. They have more than enough Bear at the moment to start paying for more. How are the ratings for Bear anyway, has it been declining towards the end ?

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
Possible, but i think persuading Disney to commision something new is going to be very hard. They have more than enough Bear at the moment to start paying for more. How are the ratings for Bear anyway, has it been declining towards the end ?
heh, all this Disney Henson back and forth weve had over the years on here, all this time Disney and JHC have been putting out a GREAT show. I dont know how hoobs is, but I have nothing but high praise for Bear. Even tho its heyday was 2000, Im hoping it comes back in a big way.

Princess Melora said:
Now that EM-TV is out of the picture, the Henson Five, Shadow Productions and Disney Channel are all meeting regarding new Bear projects. Don't be surprised if a few specials, or even a movie deal, is announced in the near future.
YES! As a *HUGE* Bear fan, this is music to my ears. I consider Bear the third major JHC franchise(replacing Fraggle Rock) right after Muppet Show and Sesame Street.

I just got a Bear for All Seasons dvd, and cannot get enough Bear. It's a shame more older fans pass it up, as trust me...it AINT no big bag animal jam stuff...its genuinely addictive Muppet work.
Since the 80's died, kids have had nothing but slop for kids shows(Barney, Power Rangers, Telletubies, etc) so Bear was quite a breath of fresh air. But my, even a straight to dvd Bear film would rule. I just want Bear and company to visit real life locations finally! As well as cameo/crossover with other JHC/SW related productions.

Finally, I went to that Bambaloo site...hmmm, that doesnt look very Muppety in design, and hey...where's Joe the Armadillo?(err, or Dunlop the Armamatey? :wink: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
I take it Animal Jam Bombed?

anyway, I too would like to see more of Bear, but there has been talks on the table of a movie for a year and a half now with no other word.

I mean, stuff like Animal Jam and Tommie DiPala.... oyvey!!!

Animal Jam is a DOUBLE dissappointment for me. I thought the show was about :halo: teaching kids music, ala Ghost of Fafener Hall or something...

A crummy Monster Clubhouse Wanna be... all I can say!

Hays

Reaction score
I, too, am pretty broken up about Bear...long ago, I knew some folks who worked on it - hope they're being recycled somewhere... Gotta help those guys pay the cookie bill, as Grover would say!

Though it's hard to imagine Bear without Luna...

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Beaker. The Bambaloo characters were designed and built by the London Muppet Shop but were not Muppets. The credits read "Puppets by the Muppet Workshop" and lists the staff.

The main characters, built for Bambaloo, are all on the site. I believe the pre-existing puppets (including the armadillo puppet) were all cameos.

Animal Jam did not bomb. Muppet fans may not like it, but it rated well.

secret squirrel

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel,

Yay for the London Muppet Workshop !

Portia the Parrot looks fantastic, Although the Fish doesnt have good eyes. And eyes are the most important thing on a Muppet.

I saw some puppets being built in the Muppet Workshop in the Creature Workshop in London a few months ago. I saw some human hand puppets, Like those from The Ghost Of Faffner Hall and i also saw a full body Donkey. Do you know what those were being made for ?

I also saw a full body puppet being made, It was all yellow fur with yellow fleece hands.

Thanks

beaker

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel said:
Beaker. The Bambaloo characters were designed and built by the London Muppet Shop but were not Muppets. The credits read "Puppets by the Muppet Workshop" and lists the staff.

The main characters, built for Bambaloo, are all on the site. I believe the pre-existing puppets (including the armadillo puppet) were all cameos.

Animal Jam did not bomb. Muppet fans may not like it, but it rated well.

secret squirrel
Interesting. Yeah they didnt look quite Muppet like. What what defines a Muppet? Surely a Skeksis is not a Muppet, but Land of Gorch could be distant cousins of the Skeksis. Surely Contruction Site is not Muppets...
however if you take various dog scenes in Muppet specials, than use both "creature shop" and Muppet dogs, the line becomes blurred.
Is DJ Monkey, Flat Eric, and Bad Andy Muppets? Are international sesame characters considered Muppets?(even if created by other companies) And when cgi Muppets become more prominent in a few years, does this mean a Muppet does not have to be of organic fleece and fur? Aw...these are the questions of our times.

Hays

Reaction score
beaker said:
Interesting. Yeah they didnt look quite Muppet like. What what defines a Muppet?
Wasn't Kermit Love largely responsible for the design "look" that kind of defines Muppets?