So whats up with Blue House, Animal Jam, that Australian Muppet Show, and Hoobs?

Princess Melora

Reaction score
Luke said:
Possible, but i think persuading Disney to commision something new is going to be very hard. They have more than enough Bear at the moment to start paying for more. How are the ratings for Bear anyway, has it been declining towards the end ?
The ratings are excellent, despite the questionable time slots. Disney considers Bear its signature show.

The next logical step for the Bear franchise is to do prime-time specials, direct-to-video specials and (fingers crossed) the movie. Disney may or may not be involved.

Right now, Bear is Henson's *only* franchise for a pre-school audience (remember -- Sesame is now owned outright by Sesame Workshop). It's been both a critical and a commercial success. They have a lot of licensing/merchendising deals rising on it.

They not going to let it go gentle into the good night.

Luke

Reaction score
Cool - i like 'Bear' very much. I am a fan of the 'Bear' more than the show though - i was at the toy fair in London earlier this year and Henson were indeed putting a lot of emphasis on 'Bear' with him there meeting and greeting in person and he was massively popular with all the delegates. It'll be cool if they do find it possible make new things without Disney as i guess that kinda takes the middleman out of the way, although i'm sure there backing is very nice. Anyway congratulations to all those working on the show, they've done the fans and the company proud.

I'm sure you know this already but Henson have been very good over the last few years promoting and licensing it's pre-school stuff. 'The Hoobs' over here in the UK had a big McDonalds Happy Meal promotion just recently even though they haven't made any new shows in about a year and the exisiting episodes are re-running very early in the morning. The brand has been incredibly popular with kids even though there are more high profile things on other channels at better times.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Luke said:
'The Hoobs' over here in the UK had a big McDonalds Happy Meal promotion just recently even though they haven't made any new shows in about a year and the exisiting episodes are re-running very early in the morning. .

you wouldn't happen to have any, or know a second hand shop to pick up some?

Maybe Warrick would know, as well....