Smartest/dumbest Fraggle

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, as I said before, I didn't see it as an insult to say she was occasionally cocky. Just because someone has a different opinion, doesn't mean they are insulting someone. The world is full of different opinions.

Everyone is cocky sometimes. It's certainly possible to like the character (which I do) and notice she's sometimes full of herself. Fraggle Rock was not written as "Fraggle by number" where Red is always cocky and Mokey is always nice. The characters were written deeper than that, as we all know.

But yeah, I hope we can agree to disagree. A difference of opinion is not an insult. That's what Fraggle Rock is about, learning to live with different points of view.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
It's just when you feel you know a character so well and you want to protect them from such remarks, lol. But I still maintain she is never "cocky" or "full of herself"...she can sometimes become self-absorbed, but that is a completely different concept, and a much more fitting one, given to her psychological ways of thinking and her "diffused-light" awareness of consciousness.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
See, when I think cocky, I just think being super confident that you're right, getting a bit carried away. Which is a little different from being "full of herself."

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
When I think cocky, I think of Gobo in "A Friend in Need", where you're convinced you're better than everyone else and you consciously demontrate that--you go out of your way to make others feel inferior.

So this is where part of the problem is, we all can have different interpretations for words, LOL! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yup, stupid English language! lol

And that's true, Gobo was very cocky in that episode. I kept thinking "Oh boy, he's headed for a meltdown!"

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
JANICE AND MOKEY'S MAN - Are you honestly trying to express that there is not one episode in which Mokey was cocky? Honesty? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be truthful? I know you love Mokey, I do too, but there are a few episodes when I thought Mokey was being somewhat too cocky. She tried to be the TRASH HEAP!!!! Also, she was so cocky and eager to be the first ever to draw the hairy chested beetle worm or something. Honestly, I do not believe Mokey is the cockiest, but from the bottom of your heart, you must give Heralde and others some credit for believing Mokey is somewhat cocky. Oh, by the way, GOBO is not the cockiest. I don't consider Gobo to be cocky because Gobo is "always" willing to admit when he cannot achieve something. Think of how many times Gobo said to himself and others, "I'm a failure." Also, think of how many times when the Fraggles made bad mistakes about something, and someone asks Gobo what do we do next.. He replies, "We fail." Gobo admits that he is a failure quite often. Last point about Gobo, consider the episode when Gobo was CHICKEN to fight the Beast of Blue Rock. He told Wembley he was a failure and that he was scared. True cocky people do not admit they are failures, and they try to hide that characteristic deeply. So I don't consider Gobo cocky. Gobo is just an explorer, and loves to travel. He is brave and confident because of his experiences, not cocky! Lastly, I cannot believe you actually know about Under the Umbrella Tree. That show was so much fun to watch. I own all 4 volumes on DVD. I plan to own every episode. I put Under the Umbrella Tree on the same scale as Fraggle Rock.

HERALDE! Wow, great points! That is all I can say. I cannot believe that some feel Mokey is the cockiest, but I am happy that people are able to support there reasons for believing why one of the nicest fraggles can be cocky.

MORGAN CLUELESS - I am happy I am not the only one who thinks Large Marvin is disgusting looking!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think in the end, labeling Fraggles, while it can be fun, can never tell the whole story. These characters were, thank goodness, much more complicated than the ordinary Saturday morning variety. I think that's why we're able to even have these discussions. I mean, there's a least two Wembley episodes where everyone realizes they also wemble at times.

Anyway, it's been fun discussing with everyone! Everybody's made good points because the world is a complicated, non-black & white place. :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
MokeynSprocket said:
She tried to be the TRASH HEAP!!!! Also, she was so cocky and eager to be the first ever to draw the hairy chested beetle worm or something....Oh, by the way, GOBO is not the cockiest.
I've already explained how Mokey was not "cocky" in "trying" to be the Trash Heap, she was deluded into thinking it was her destiny due to the other fraggles. And she wasn't "cocky" to want to draw the hairy chested batworm, it was an important scientific discovery she was eager to accomplish---eager, but not "cocky". Gobo is at his cockiest in "A Friend in Need", but then he sees how wrong he was to act that way (and in "Wembly and the Great Race", and plenty more).

But I'm dropping it. It's obvious we all have different definitions/ideas of different words, and different interpretations of characters, however far-fetched and boggling that may seem to different ones of us. But that just goes to show what a truly deep, complex, masterfully-created show Fraggle Rock was, and how it affects all of us. Like heralde said, it's been fun, but everyone and everything is so different in our worlds and the whole world.

Now, it's "Time to Live as One"!

Really!

It is!

:smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize you already had all 4 volumes of that...I don't have any yet, but want to get them. Though I can't chime in much on it because I haven't seen any since circa 1990! lol :embarrassed: