Slackbot draws stuff

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Okay--someone HAS to say... It's a BANANA SKETCH!

...What--YOU'VE never HEARD of the BANANA SKETCH? <Gasp!>

<ahem> Okay. I feel better now. It just had to be said. :halo: Really, though, I like that drawing.

...And it's a BANANA SKETCH! ...And I'm tired, so everything's hilarious right now. I'm going to end this post now before I keep rambling and randomly shouting "banana sketch" and generally being annoying to well-rested people who will have to read this post in the future. BANANA SKETCH! ...See? Annoying. Right. I'm really stopping now and going to bed. Really, I promise! (In addition to making everything hilarious, being tired also tends to make me ramble and makes it very difficult for me to end a post...)
I have never Ever heard of a BANANNA sketch Lisa. I don't even get it. Well, you made me smile. LOL! I really like how you make me laugh.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I love how clean and neat your lineart looks! As hilarious as your banana sketch is, the cross hatching is so pretty!

And while I don't know who you've drawn Janken as, helooksveryscarylikehe'sabouttohurtmesoI'lljustgonowbye! *runs off*

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Wembley looks so happy and cute there! Aaah! I could just grab him and give him a giant hug!

Thanks for posting!

Slackbot

Reaction score
You guys got The Banana Sketch reference right away. Ah, I'm proud to be one of you Muppet nerds. :smile:

I don't usually draw simple and cartoony like the two color doodles because I like shading and textures, but there really is something to be said for it. It's faster, it looks clean, and I can get silly with it, throwing in things like the Don Martin-esque big toe on Wembley. (Plus, it's much easier to draw Wembley's hair in this style!) I've been toying with the idea of doing one of my recent short stories in comic form, and if I do it'll probably be in a simple style like this.

I recently watched Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me. I remember loving that show, and then being disappointed when it lost its energy in the second season after Lynch and Frost left and other writers tried to keep it going without being able to follow the creators' vision. It gained back some energy toward the end , but that wasn't enough to save it. FWWM had some great points, but overall it was confusing, disjointed, and too long, and it had some painful continuity clashes with the TV series. Anyhow, when I was playing Silent Hill 2 and 3 I drew some Muppets and Fraggles in situations from those games just for giggles, so after watching Twin Peaks I drew Janken as BOB. (Warning: The link leads to some not-nice info about an icky character. Here's a plain image of BOB without the info.)

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks. I was working from a pair of blurry screencaps I got from the HD version of the video, so I'm not too sure about some of the colors. The fill in the letters and the bandana seemed to be purple, but that was just my guess.

I did search the web for images of Boy George/Culture Club shirts and posters, hoping that this was a spoof of one of those, but no dice.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Somehow your art of "Boy Gorg" made it on to Cafepress. That's cool, but are you getting any profits? If not, that would suck! :stick_out_tongue:

Here's the link

Slackbot

Reaction score
I looked at this, and was all set to get really annoyed... but then I noticed a peculiarity in the coloring of the hair which I didn't duplicate because I couldn't see it clearly enough, and the "hollow" pupils which I didn't copy 'cause I didn't like 'em. Also, the expressions are a tiny bit different; the expression in my pic isn't milder. So, no, they didn't rip me off; they used the picture that I copied.

Heh, it's cool that, even working from tiny screengrabs, I manages to get it so close that you could mistake my copy for the real thing. Thanks for the ego-boo!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I not been drawing much. But here's somethingI drawed today because today was slow at work...

Jago Fraggle from my current fanfic, The Minstrel's Path. He may look a little familiar. There's a reason for that.

I'll probably color this in later. Right now I'm tired and I feel awful, which is never a good state for artistic endeavors. Plus, I like the crosshatchy texture.