Sesame Street Adult-Sized Costumes

Beauregard

Reaction score
Comfort, maybe? Who wants to be breathing their own breath all night behind a mask, when they can have a hood and still be able to see and chat and interact with everyone else at the party, while still giving a general Grover impression.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Comfort, maybe? Who wants to be breathing their own breath all night behind a mask, when they can have a hood and still be able to see and chat and interact with everyone else at the party, while still giving a general Grover impression.
I see what you mean... but these sort of things are ever so precious on a 2-5 year old (maybe even younger)... but they look slightly disturbing on a full grown man. Looks like he's eating his head...

Beauregard

Reaction score
*laughs* I do see what you mean (And I'm having rather odd images of Cookie Monster eating people's heads...great, now I'll have those dreams again...) But similarly, I've worn masks to parties before, and they're not so much fun as they appear at first, and can be quite isolating (and insulating...Hot hot hot!)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I ask you... what on Earth is wrong with a mask? These are ADULT costumes... not something a 5 year old who can barely see to begin with would wear...
I think it might be the fact that hoods are closer to material the Muppets are made from than a latex mask would. I see where your coming from, but since the SST Muppets are a bit more "cute-and-cuddly" hoods just seem to fit the bill.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bump

There's a fifth costume they didn't lsit and I saw it at a Halloween store last night. I wish I had something to take a picture with...

But they also have The Count. It's, unfortunately, another hood thing... the head looks to be made of the same stuff Ernie and Bert's heads are made of.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
There's a fifth costume they didn't lsit and I saw it at a Halloween store last night. I wish I had something to take a picture with...

But they also have The Count. It's, unfortunately, another hood thing... the head looks to be made of the same stuff Ernie and Bert's heads are made of.
Yeah, I saw that at the mall yesterday. I don't know, I really like the SST costumes despite the hoods.

By the way, I just found a Big Bird one online: http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/df-big-bird/

So for references thus far, we have:
Big Bird
Elmo
Cookie Monster
Oscar the Grouch
Ernie
Bert
Super Grover
The Count

Am I missing any others?