Sesame Muppets on international versions of SS

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Also, Da Niao looks exactly like Big Bird.
That's because Da Niao IS Big Bird.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------I was just joking a bit. The stereotype is that everything from Japan has big Anime eyes. So I thought, well then they might do that with the characters over there..because that's what they're used to. Or you know, the Sesame Street characters with huge Anime eyes, would just be kind of wacky.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah well....I really wanted to see :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy: with Anime eyes.

Of course those three characters aren't in the Japanese version like Big Bird, Cookie, and Elmo are. But Sesame Street Partners Japan(SSPJ), which was formed by SW and other Japanese companies to make the local version, also owns the rights to the American SS over there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wasn't Abelardo Montoya (the Mexican Parrot equivellent to big Bird) once on US SS?

BTW, there has been quite a bit of Japanese SS merchandising before this new coporduction..... except for the Kubricks, you can't even tell it's from Japan (and only then because they're Kubricks)

muppet maniac

Reaction score
One more:

The red bird in episode #4088 was also on Plaza Sesamo and in Sesame English(which is not a co-production but more of a spin-off series)

zanimum

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
That's because Da Niao IS Big Bird.
No, according to the website their cousins. They just have very little variance in their genetics.

Abelardo was on the New Year's special (1996?), hosted by Elmo.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Here's the revised list:

Sesamstrasse:
Big Bird(old episodes)
Ernie and Bert
Little Bird
Brown wolf,
Female grouch(EIG)
Sheep
..and there was also a green grouch(not Oscar, but another one pretending to be a superhero. I saw a pic of it somewhere once)

Plaza Sesamo:
Red bird
Brown bird

Sesame Park:
Brown Rooster

Ulitza Sezam:
Ernie and Bert

Zhima Jie:
Big Bird

Takalani Sesame:
Elmo

Japanese Sesame Street:
Big Bird
Cookie Monster
Elmo

Sesame English:
Brown rooster
Blue mouse(CinderElmo)
Red bird

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Also, I read on the German part of the Sesame Planet site and it said that Caroll Spinney brought Oscar along with him there(when Big Bird was in the old episodes of Sesamstrasse). But now that blurb has been scraped off.

There is also two more birds: a blue bird and a white bird.

Can you give me descriptions of what they look like?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
Here's the revised list:

Sesamstrasse:
Big Bird(old episodes)
Ernie and Bert
Little Bird
Brown wolf,
Female grouch(EIG)
Sheep
..and there was also a green grouch(not Oscar, but another one pretending to be a superhero. I saw a pic of it somewhere once)
Add a penguin to that list.
The super hero grouch is named super grouch.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/sg2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/sg1.jpg
The brown wolf is Willi Wolf and Piratenkapitän Wolfdietrich Säbelmeier
The female grouch is Grouchella http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/grouch3.jpg

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
Also, I read on the German part of the Sesame Planet site and it said that Caroll Spinney brought Oscar along with him there(when Big Bird was in the old episodes of Sesamstrasse). But now that blurb has been scraped off.

There is also two more birds: a blue bird and a white bird.

Can you give me descriptions of what they look like?
The blue bird is the one who appears in the Sesame Street cover of the jigsaw puzzle, where Ernie, Bert and his friends feed the real-life pigs.

The white bird is called a dove, who also appears in a SS sketch, "Let's Do It (Let's Lay an Egg)".

Erine81981

Reaction score
No thats Rosita the Monster. She's not a bird at all.