1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Muppets on international versions of SS

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by muppet maniac, Dec 29, 2004.

1. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Let's see...there was..

*Big Bird on Sesamstrasse(old episodes)
    *Ernie and Bert on Ulitza Sezam(never seen it, but I heard they were on it)
    *Big Bird on Zhima Jie
    *Elmo on Takalani Sesame
    *Big Bird,Cookie Monster, and Elmo on the Japanese SS(which just came out)

Only these characters haven't crossed over yet:

Oscar the Grouch
    The Count
    Grover
    Zoe
  2. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Four other Sesame Muppets were on Sesamstrasse. They were Little Bird, a brown wolf, a female grouch from Elmo in Grouchland, and a sheep.
  3. Aiya

Aiya New Member

4. balana

balana New Member

I remember talking to my boyfriend about what it was like in Spain... There I think it was called 'Barrio Sesamo' and the full-body costumes (like Big Bird) had a female bird, a big hedgehog/porcupine, and this brown monster thing (I assume it's still the same these days). A few of the names I remember was that Kermit was Gustavo, Grover was Koko, Cookie Monster was Triki (I think), Oscar was still Oscar... I know Ernie and Bert were also on there, and the Count, but that's all I can remember right now.
  5. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I didn't know the American Sesame Street characters crossed over to different counry's. Also, Da Niao looks exactly like Big Bird. That's strange. The only time I saw international Sesame Street characters on the American Sesame Street was during the New Year's special.
  6. MeepEeep

MeepEeep New Member

Japanese SS

Get ready for Sesame Street merchandise, modified with those big ol' Anime eyes! :zany:

You'd think they'd have a LoL smiley on here somewhere. Am I missing it?
  7. zanimum

zanimum New Member

Does anyone know if they do actually modify the characters in illustrations for international projects?

BTW, this is pretty close to LOL :excited: , but Zoe would be a very appropriate addition to the smilie family.
  8. muppet maniac

..where did you hear about this? :confused:

..unless you are referring to this:

http://www.sesame-street.jp/Goods/
  9. Pino

Pino Member

No they had the pink porcupine (espinete) in the 80´s also with the brown monster Don Pimpon.... After that the disapeared from television and made a new version..... I believe they stated over 3 times... It isn´t broadcast anymore. They stoped in the late 90´s
  10. muppet maniac

11. Pino

Pino Member

The where as a guest in the show because they celebrated their 30th birthday.
    It was a once appearence
  12. goshposh

goshposh Member

does england have its own version of sesame street? or do they just show the us version?
  13. charlynoa

charlynoa Member

Here is a link of the first puppeteer of "Samson" on the German Sesamstrasse.
    He now is a puppet builder with his wife and they made a lot of great puppets.
    www.fabula-filmpuppen.de
  14. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Cool!
  15. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Ooh, es gibt Puppen fuer das Tigerentchenclub! Das ist so suess!

I should point out for you non-German speakers, click on the flag of Great Britain to read it in English.
  16. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

17. MeepEeep

MeepEeep New Member

I was just joking a bit. The stereotype is that everything from Japan has big Anime eyes. So I thought, well then they might do that with the characters over there..because that's what they're used to. Or you know, the Sesame Street characters with huge Anime eyes, would just be kind of wacky.
  18. MeepEeep

MeepEeep New Member

Cool. You know what would be so funny, if they did like Muppets of the guys from Rammstein. LoL. Maybe they'd do a video as the Muppets, after all, they seem to be getting into the "The next video will be a big surprise!" kind of trend, with their videos.

Just after posting this, I started thinking to myself..what a cover of the Sesame Street theme would sound like if Rammstein covered it. I think it'd be pretty cool.
  19. charlynoa

charlynoa Member

@ MeepEeep: Wow, that's a great idea... and a bit... well... strange too.
    Why don't you write a letter to their record label and tell them your idea?
    Perhaps it becomes reality :excited:
    Charly
  20. Pino

Pino Member

What characters appear that show? Never heard about international muppets appear only abelardo...

The chines big bird a a different puppet though.. They couldn´t have a big bird unless the puppet wasn´t that goodlooking like bb. I have this information from a girl in hong kong.
    http://www.geocities.com/sesameplanet2/Da-Niao.html