Series 1 Arrives: When and Where

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Well, I don't understand much about distributors but we have some Toys'R Us stores in Portugal...

When you say that you don't have a Portuguese distributor does that include the Toys'R Us stores?

Thank you...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe currently the figures are only available in Toys R US Stores in the United States and Canada.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Only in USA?

Oh man...

I can't believe it... I adore the Muppets and nothing could make me more happy than to have these Figures... I was all excited with the pictures and the reviews and now I find out that I will never touch them... I won't even see them!

It's not fair! :frown:

Really!!! I mean... Maybe you don't understand why I am feeling this way but there is not any chance for me to get them if they are not coming to Portugal...

I have never felt so sad or dissapointed! :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Don't fret. I suggest you contact Palisades directly at KLilly@palisadestoys.com

There is a collectors club currently along with an online store that [may] be able to help you. That company sure goes out of their way to make the fans happy.

Hope it helps.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Thank you, FrogBoy...

I guess I will contact them... I can't make the difference but if I gather a group of Portuguese people, maybe we could try to make some pressure and talk to some local stores or something...

I don't think that would help much but I will do anything that I can to bring the Figures to Portugal...

Thank you for your help...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No problem. Ask about the collectors club as well. There may still be time for you to join it and that could help.

uncleduke

Reaction score
TRU.COM

My Tuxedo Kermit arrived today from Toys R Us Dot Com......
Yaaaaaaaay!
Paintjob looks great to me!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Should get mine tomorrow. Already have one, but this one will stay MOC. I just couldn't help myself from checking in the actual store. Last time I order from TRU.com. I grossly overpaid for shipping - 2nd day Fed Ex - when that point is completely moot. It was in the store! Eeek! EB, on the other hand, they rock. Even if they don't know when the Beaker will come out. That part just got mixed up for various reasons.

I think TRU hasn't taken the Palisade's line seriously enough. Too many reports of the figures being off to the side or hard to find in their stores, lengthy delays of in-stock items online and rampant ignorance in the stores themselves. Just left a bitter taste with me. They say that when someone visits a shop or site the most important thing is how they make the customer feel. TRU has always made me feel alienated - even as a kid. Just a thought. My local EB has given me some difficulties, but their online store was really good.

uncleduke

Reaction score
It is funny, we had completely opposite experiences. Of course my neighbor is the manager at the local TRU, so I got a good deal. I knew the day before they were arriving that they'd be there.
I still have NEVER seen a single Muppet figure in an EB store! Plus I had to help a fellow board member get the EB figures he already paid for! He gets all the regs except the Bunson tomorrow.

I have no faith at all in EB, and hope the Gonzo exclusive goes to another retailer. Maybe then I won't have to make such an effort to get one.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Really? Very interesting. In my personal experience - I bought the Tux Kermit at a TRU store over three weeks ago and TRU/Amazon just sent the figure I ordered months ago. I'm out a lot of cash for the "quick" shipping too. Disappointing. The Tux Kermits were all the TRU store had too - and they were kind of hard to find at first.

My local EB really blew the deal with me, but from the sound of most expeirences (except for the one you mentioned) people have done well with the stores. My local EB wouldn't let me pre-order or pre-pay and they wouldn't even tell me when exactly their shipments came in. When I kept calling and the day they finally came in they were sold out. They just made it an impossible situation for me. They are kind of out of the way too. The site rocked though they shipped each item seperately inflating costs. Very weird.

I bought some form my local Sam Goody. Now they totally rock. Okay, they were a dollar more each, but I'll pay that to avoid all the drama. Very nice people there!

Just what happened to one frogboy, but it's an interesting test to see quality control of chain stores.