1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

See Jim Henson’s Puppet Improv Company Live in Hollywood!

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by SJohnson, Jun 13, 2006.

1. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

That stinks. I'm not afraid to say it but it sounds like Brian Henson is a real jerkwad. I kinda suspected so when I first saw him in the intros to the Best of the Muppet Show episodes. And then again in the interview on the Muppet Christmas Carol. I can't believe Jim Henson was his father.
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Are you starting to have doubt about this origination Bear?
  3. cyberroo

cyberroo New Member

I've actually been pretty impressed with Brian Henson at the many events he has participated in recently, as well as a few "only in LA" random sightings. We were actually remarking about how he seems to be turning into his father.

As for the filming, two notes. First, is that tapings are inherently oversold. It's just a fact of life. We waited a couple of hours as well. In that case, I'd suggest that you be upset with the ticket promoter rather than Brian. And, frankly, it's in the best interests of the show and the company to have celebrities/Hollywood-types/investors/agents... in the audience, rather that fans.

Back to PuppetUp, we really enjoyed it. I don't know how commercially viable it is, but it was definitely entertaining.
  4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

What I guess I mean is how I am being reminded how much Brian Henson is nothing like his father.
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Maybe they just need someone who cares about the Muppet's, because obviously he does not seem to much at all.
  6. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

before you post something like that , perhaps you should understand that the henson company does not own muppets these days.So they can care as much or as little as they want , and Disney will do what they want to do regardless,
  7. SJohnson

SJohnson Member

I know this has been mentioned quite a bit in the forum, but I just wanted to remind everyone that Puppet Up!, Jim Henson’s puppet improv show opens at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival one week from tomorrow. There will be two shows, one for adults only and one for the whole family. If anyone goes, I’m sure we would all love to hear your thoughts on the show.

For tickets and other information click here: http://www.edfringe.com/shows/detail.php?action=shows&id=JIMAD

and here:
    http://www.edfringe.com/shows/detail.php?action=shows&id=JIMKI

Also the Puppet Up! Muppet Wiki page has grown quite a bit over the past couple of weeks, check it out: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Puppet_up
  8. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

im sure it will be a hit, keep up the good work, and have fun
  9. rurulesunc

rurulesunc New Member

So Sean are you going to do any other performances or were you just in on the one in LA? (Great job btw)
  10. Starlancer

Starlancer New Member

O man BEAR that is so obvious and i couldnt even think of it, ha, but that is a good idea.
  11. SJohnson

SJohnson Member

Thanks, I had a lot of fun. I won’t be in the Edinburgh show. They had eight performer slots and we’ve have been as many as 13 or more people involved in the improv class, so there simply wasn’t room for everyone.
  12. SJohnson

SJohnson Member

13. SJohnson

SJohnson Member

14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well it does not change the fact that it is still upsetting.
  15. Give it a chance it may be good. But I do agree that there is a difference between tasteful adult humor and raunchy. We shall see.
  16. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

I saw the adult show twice and the kids show once, thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought the adult shows worked better as they had Patrick Bristow as the compere rather than one of the puppeteers. Will post a fuller report soon, am rather short of time. It's certainly worth seeing if you can, if only to see Julianne perform...she's very talented.
  17. SJohnson

SJohnson Member

18. SJohnson

SJohnson Member

19. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

Well worth a look if you're anywhere near the area. Saw the show four times over the summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is the far too talented Julianne performing in it? If so it's even worth seeing even more!