1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

See Jim Henson’s Puppet Improv Company Live in Hollywood!

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by SJohnson, Jun 13, 2006.

1. SJohnson Member

See Jim Henson’s Puppet Improv Company Live in Hollywood!

Puppet Up! for adults only
    Featuring the Henson Puppet Improv Company
    June 21, 8:30 pm, June 23, 8:30 pm, and and June 24, 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm.

From the company that for fifty years has celebrated irreverence, creativity and performance comes PUPPET UP! (for adults only), featuring The Henson Puppet Improv Company, a demonstration of what happens when the perilous and provocative forms of traditional comedic improvisation are mixed with a bunch of puppets. With a motley group of characters brought to life by the world renowned puppeteers of The Jim Henson Company, this is not your average night at the improv and it is definitely not for children. But all others are welcome to enjoy the uninhibited anarchy of live puppet performance as never seen before.

Click here to buy your ticket: http://www.symfonee.com/Improv/hollywood/home/index.aspx
  2. OverUnderAround New Member

Personally disappointed to see the name Henson associated with any puppet project that includes the words "not for children."

Henson projects were always family oriented.

Brian Henson, for the sake of dirty humor, you are willing to ruin the quality that the name Henson once stood for.

Even your own mom has said she is against the Muppets doing "cutting edge humor".
  3. Punch'n'Judy New Member

For the British run of this show (about 3 weeks) they are doing two lots of shows, one aimed specifically at children.
  4. Tim Member

NOTE TO FRONT OFFICE: Quality G rated material generates 3-5 times the cash than "adult" material, and Jim's one attempst at this kind of stuff ("Saturday Night") didn't work.

I personally know Brian's been moving toward doing this kind of material for years.

We've pretty much killed the "golden frog", now let's drag the carcus through the mud.
  5. TheJimHensonHour New Member

oh well whatever I don't care what any of you say the muppets and henson have always done dirty jokes most of you are just blinded by things like Sesame Street and only remember certain things.
    I could give you all a big list of dirty jokes done by the muppets and other Henson related things while Jim was still alive.
    It's not like it's Wondershowzen or anything.
    oh and from this pic http://www.symfonee.com/Improv/hollywood/comedians/ComedianImage.aspx?Uid={6e8bc0f5-715b-4974-8dcb-57648379019c} atleast the characters look interesting and old school henson.
  6. rurulesunc New Member

Thanks for posting this. Just got my tickets for 8:30 on Saturday. Just in time for my birthday too! Anyone else going to be there?
  7. Barry Lee Active Member

I love the fact that the Muppets do adult humor, it shows a wide variety of humor for everybody! Hey, look at the old SNL skits from the Muppets, those are very raunchy! The Muppets have always had a little adult side to them.
  8. BEAR Active Member

While I agree with what you say, I am still interested to see for myself what this is. I am okay with a more mature sense of humor as long as it is tasteful aand more tongue in cheek like the old vaudeville days. If it is going to be straight out filth and raunch a la Avenue Q I want no part in seeing it.

And to the person who mentioned Ave Q before this, sure it had some Henson puppeteers but it was clearly a non-Henson related project. Plus, the folks who worked on it (Rick Lyon, John T, and Stephanie) are not top recognized performers on Sesame Street anyway, so its not as big an issue. If say Carroll Spinney or Kevin Clash did that show (which they never would) that would be a different story.
  9. beaker Well-Known Member

Muppet Show: Sex and Violence(1974), Land of Gorch(1975-1976),
    and on and on and on...

Wait, you were kidding right? Oh! You were kidding. Cool.
  10. beaker Well-Known Member

Then you won't want to see it:)

Seriously, this is a sad day when people think Jim Henson and their puppets have to be relegated to the children's bin exclusively...like Muppet Wizard of Oz was some great heralded triumph for children's cinema.

I for one would LOVE to see a wildly over the top, edgy and in your face "definately not for children" Jim Henson puppet thing. For those who want to see the Muppets as some history revisionist Sesame Street world, that's your choice.
  11. Mr Humbug Member

Any chance on some more info about these shows mate?
  12. Ilikemuppets New Member

13. Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I really don't see why people would be disappointed in Henson doing something specifically aimed at adults. Haven't they always been a company whose main goal is to entertain and reach everyone in some way? Also, keep in mind that The Muppet Show's main audience was families. Not specifically children, nor specifically adults.

I'd love to see this, but I can't. Any possible way it could hit DVD?
  14. TheJimHensonHour New Member

I'm gonna be there with friends we all got tickets for the same time and day you did I'm so excited that pic of brian looks great as do the puppets they look so classic!
  15. rurulesunc New Member

Awesome JHH. We will have to see if we can find each other. Are you guys going for dinner or just the show? We will be there around 6ish for dinner and to make sure that we get good seats.

I cant wait!
  16. agger_rob New Member

Didn't Jim want his creations to be for all ages? That's why he fought so hard to have muppets on the first season of SNL (and those were far from family friendly).
  17. TheJimHensonHour New Member

awsome me also I have never been to anything like this before so I'm quite excited!
    are you planning on going to the filming of late night buffet as well?
  18. TheJimHensonHour New Member

exactly...you can even see the muppets swearing in muppet movies...on the muppet show...it's not like jim was against it..he just didnt push it.
    I really hate when people try to make jim to be some tame goody goody...he was a zaney funny guy.
  19. Muppetsdownunder New Member

I love adult puppet humour, :) wish I could see this show. The thing ive always hated about peoples attitudes about puppets is that they think they are only for kids.
  20. rurulesunc New Member

I was planning on it but by the time I found out about the taping all of the tickets were gone (I dont have a printer at work so I had to wait til I got home and they were gone). Major bummer. So if anyone has extra tickets that they arent going to use let me know.

Counting down the days til Saturday!