1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Scary Fraggle Moments

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by JaniceFerSure, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

Yeah, I think Philo and Gunge help to make her more funny.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. They did add to her dimensions of personality, but I think she was also pretty funny in her own right.

Marjorie: "You get a fraggle, a doozer, and a gorg to meet together in the Gorgs' garden after midnight."

Mokey: "A fraggle, a doozier, and a gorg?...but how??"

Marjorie: "Your problem, make it happen."

LOL!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. ILuVERNIE

ILuVERNIE New Member

scary fraggle moment... ooh! whenever mokey moves her eyes! that makes me feel weird...
  4. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Yeah, that one gets me.

"Oh Begoony, it's beautiful, it's charming, it's- it's..." (Begoony closes the door, locking her in) "FOR ME!!!!!"

*shudder* *shiver*

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Marjorie scary? Nah.

I always liked Marjorie. I thought she was cool. In "The New Trash Heap in Town", she is able to intervene in the Fraggles' collective dreams and reassure them that everything will be all right. I always liked that scene, where she says "Do not be afraid, little Fraggles...it is only a dream..." and the Fraggles calm down and sleep easier. She truly cares about them, and that little scene shows it so well.

I can't remember any Fraggle moments that scared me when I was a kid, but I do use an expression of Gobo's from "Scared Silly". In the epsiode, Gobo says "You scared the radish resin outta me!" I thought it was a funny expression, and ever since if something scares me, I refer to it as "scaring the radish resin outta me!":smirk:

Convincing John
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. oo that one always scared me too:boo: :grouchy:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. the terrible tunnel is a kinda freaky episode
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. Morgan Clueless

Morgan Clueless New Member

Same here. I personally found it creepy when the Storyteller sang the tale of the Tunnel...

And the spiders sorta freaked me out a bit, I admit. :confused:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. lol i always thought the little creatures (like the spiders) were soo cute:flirt: and i got freaked when wembley found the terrible tunnel:eek: :eek:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Hrodulf

Hrodulf New Member

Mine would be from the episode where Boober gets amnesia and thinks he a Gorg (!) and at the end, when they've caught all the other Fraggles in a cage, Pa Gorg says something like "Ok, let's get the fraggle thumper and finish them off" and they bring out this huge club.

It's extra disturbing if you think about it because the fact that they have a "fraggle thumper" suggests they've violently killed Fraggles before . . .
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Ooh, The terrible Tunnel is soo scary-potatoes! (Just quietly when i watch it at night, i still get a lil' creeped out :o ). When i was younger the Gorgs were so-totally freaky-deaky and i used to have nightmares 'bout 'em.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. superboober

superboober Member

I agree there just is something creepy about The Terrible Tunnel. As it was heavily in the episode rotation even in later seasons, I did get to see it quite a bit in my formative years. The actual level of terror in the tunnel itself varies; perhaps the scariest part for me was when the clam-like creature pops up without warning and roars at Wembley; I don't blame him at all for panicking and running deeper into the tunnel at that.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. Xela

Xela New Member

Yeah, I agree with everyone who's said that McMooch guy is creepy...because he is!

I'm almost 18, and still creeped out by it!! :o
    GopherCoffee and iluvfragglerock like this.
  14. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I thought the Avalanche Monster was awesome... pretty cool stuff.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

I used to get Sweetums and Junior Gorg mixed up seeing as how they are both huge, hairy, and raggedy. I was afraid to go into our basement because I thought he was living in there as well as my closet. Now I find them hilarious.

Lovingly yours,
    MuppetMarc
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. MrsWembly

MrsWembly New Member

None of the characters in Fraggle Rock ever scared me....but there were a few moments in two episodes that creeped me out when I was little. One of them has been mentioned. THE TERRIBLE TUNNEL when the fraggles are playing “Hidey Ho” and the creepy voice says “hoooooo..”

My second scariest moment is in GOBO'S DISCOVERY (great episode!) when the invisible garboil goes through Fraggle Rock. The garboil reminds me very much of a hurricane. I saw this episode for the first time in over a decade right after Hurricane Katrina. (I live about an hour away from New Orleans.)

“Sqeak sqeak boing boing just like that.... and now I'm singing in my hat!”
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

Red, Mokey, Weebly, Boober has been tied up in the cave
  18. weredog

weredog New Member

Like so many others, I found the Terrible Tunnel episode really creepy when I was little.

When I was little I remember being at the babysitters and thumbing through a magazine they had. In the magazine was an ad for an upcoming series on HBO. Fraggle Rock. The ad had a picture of Red's head popping out of a Fraggle hole. And for some reason, I thought Red was a monster. She kind of gave me the creeps. Every so often after that I'd get the magazine, turn to that page and enjoy the feeling of getting creeped.
    Of course the show premiered and I watched it. I immediately stopped thinking of Fraggles as monsters and fell in love with the characters. To this day I don't know what five year old me was thinking. Red a monster. How utterly rediculous.
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol, that's a great story. Sort of like that episode "Believe It or Not" when the Fraggles prove to Ma Gorg that Skenfrith isn't really a monster. He's only a monster because she thinks he is. (Great episode!)
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. Java

Java Active Member

I wanted to revive this, because I've really been thinking about this lately having seen the episode where Mokey befriends Begoney and shrinks. That is one creepy scare episode for me.

The other one that I find scary is the one with the ditzies... for whatever reason that one creeps me out.
    GopherCoffee likes this.