1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Scary Fraggle Moments

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by JaniceFerSure, Apr 3, 2004.

1. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

:) Hi there.I like to hear of your scary fraggle moments,episodes,characters.Thanks-JaniceFerSure

Mine are 2:
    The episode where Mokey befriends a bunny character,the bunny makes Mokey shrink & puts Mokey in a dollhouse.<<shiver>> :sympathy:

The second is the Mudbunny episode,Wembley befriends the Mudbunny,& the Mudbunny turns bad; before it goes into its cocoon. :boo:

These are the only ones that come to mind right now.Thanks for looking. :flirt:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I get kinda spooked when Wembley first enters the Terrible Tunnel and you here that voice answering " Ho " to Wem's " Hidies ". I can do that voice pretty well too actually. But that's one of the creepiest fraggle moments for me.
    Mudwell's mood swing is un-nerving as well. ( Is " un-nerving " a word? )
    :smirk:

Nick
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

I find the episode Home is Where the Trash is to be really scary when Philo and Gunge get captured by that McMooch guy because he is really creepy looking. Especially when he is having Philo and Gunge pulling him that wagon or whatever (I'm trying to remember it as good as I can.) Like I said he is so scary looking and that scene just made him even scarier for some reason.
    MissKatie88 and GopherCoffee like this.
  4. JPJappic

JPJappic New Member

Wembley's Eyes!

Is it just me, or do Wembley's eyes freak you out? I've noticed that in some episodes when he's singing, his eyes start turning around in circles and it's really creepy.

J.P.
  5. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

The guy burning my fraggle tapes to DVD said something like that too. I always thought Wem's eye spinning was cool though.
    :smirk:

Nick
    SkeetScootSquat and GopherCoffee like this.
  6. TravellingMatt

TravellingMatt New Member

I always thought Wander McMooch was kinda cool. I even incorporated him into a Muppet Show outline. He pops up in a Muppet Melodrama skit with Miss Piggy and Uncle Deadly. The Dead Man is doing his villain shtick when instead of Wayne coming to Piggy's rescue, it's Wander McMooch, and it turns out he's UD's brother, and they spend the rest of the skit arguing over who the better villain is, with Wander telling UD, "You couldn't tie up a telephone line!"

My scariest Fraggle moment was in "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" when Gobo is exploring, trying to find the Great Bell, when he comes back to find all his friends frozen solid. Runner-up has to be when Mokey, Red, and Wembley fall victim to Pa Gorg's Boredom Juice in "Bored Stiff".

Pa Gorg was a delusional, pompous old windbag, wasn't he? That Jerry Nelson can play just about ANYONE... :crazy:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Don_Music_2004

Don_Music_2004 New Member

I think a scary Fraggle Moment was in The River of Life when all the Fraggles got sick from drinking the bad water. That seemed like a really scary and emotional episode.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. camilla

camilla New Member

My scariest Fraggle moments were the Gorges full stop. I always used to get scared when they would catch the poor helpless little fraggles
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. SarahFraggle

SarahFraggle New Member

I thought it was freaky when the Gorgs heads were invisable, but I find that funny. :excited:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. frodis58

frodis58 New Member

I remember when I was a kid I was really afraid for Red and Boober
    in the "Marooned" episode.
    The song they sang made my head tingle with emotion.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

How about the episode where Red and Lanford the Plant ended up in that cavern with those clinging creeper plants? They were like huge octopuses that almost grabbed Red, until Lanford saved the day in the end.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. beigefraggle

beigefraggle New Member

The River of Life had its scary moments, but nothing ever bothered me as much as "Wembley and the Mean Genie" when the Genie hypnotizes all the Fraggles except Wembley. They all lined up in ranks acting like they'd just returned from a Communist re-education center, and they start singing Do you want it? (Get out of our way!)

Scary. They were all like evil soulless vampire fraggles.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Absolutely true!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. Purple

Purple New Member

I was scared of Marjory the Trash Heap, did anyone else find her scary?.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. beigefraggle

beigefraggle New Member

Some of the Fraggles found Marjorie frightening. Boober especially. *wink wink*

She was much more frightening early on in the series, in my mind. Back when she was sort of dimwitted and dangerous. She is monstrous when you first look at her, a sort of motley Jabba the Hutt. But deep down she's a big cuddly mother-figure.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. PukkaPukka

PukkaPukka Member

I thought the episode was cool, but I was a little spooked by the episode where Junior Gorg attempts to smash - and then blow up - Fraggle Rock...I forget the episode name. What scared me in a sad way was when Red sang at the mouth of the tunnel to the Garden. It was scary in a really really sad way...but hey, I was a tyke. It still gets me though, mainly how the puppeteers play so well that they disappear into the character. Karen....man.

Just my thoughts. Scary and sad at the same time.
  17. PukkaPukka

PukkaPukka Member

...and yeah, "Wembley and the Mean Genie" - that Commie-march semblance was eerie. Eerie. Still, a fun fun episode though. But they were all great.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. EmilyFraggle

EmilyFraggle New Member

I know what you mean

I know what you mean Camilla, man those gorgs scared the **** out of me!
  19. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

I'm surprised no one touched on this more, but the freakest thing I've seen on Fraggle Rock was the aforementioned Terrible Tunnel. Wembley goes through it and sees ghosts, and hears weird voices, and then there's that weird rock formation that looked like teeth, and chewed things.

I haven't seen the episode since I was, like, 5, so my memory's a little fuzzy on it.:) I do recall that it was made clear that very few fraggles came out of that alive..:confused:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. tallnikky

tallnikky New Member

How about that weird from creature from "Junior Sells the Farm". That guy gave me the creeps...and he would always pop out of nowhere with some crazy sound effect. I think he was a frog but I don't know if he had a name. :o
    WalterFan1234 and GopherCoffee like this.