Scary Fraggle Moments

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Twiddlebug said:
My last post was meant to follow this post
Some of the Fraggles found Marjorie frightening. Boober especially. *wink wink*

She was much more frightening early on in the series, in my mind. Back when she was sort of dimwitted and dangerous. She is monstrous when you first look at her, a sort of motley Jabba the Hutt. But deep down she's a big cuddly mother-figure.
Yeah, I think Philo and Gunge help to make her more funny.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
They did add to her dimensions of personality, but I think she was also pretty funny in her own right.

Marjorie: "You get a fraggle, a doozer, and a gorg to meet together in the Gorgs' garden after midnight."

Mokey: "A fraggle, a doozier, and a gorg?...but how??"

Marjorie: "Your problem, make it happen."

LOL!

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
scary fraggle moment... ooh! whenever mokey moves her eyes! that makes me feel weird...

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
The episode where Mokey befriends a bunny character,the bunny makes Mokey shrink & puts Mokey in a dollhouse.<<shiver>>
Yeah, that one gets me.

"Oh Begoony, it's beautiful, it's charming, it's- it's..." (Begoony closes the door, locking her in) "FOR ME!!!!!"

*shudder* *shiver*

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Convincing John

Reaction score
Marjorie scary? Nah.

Twiddlebug said:
My last post was meant to follow this post
Some of the Fraggles found Marjorie frightening. Boober especially. *wink wink*

She was much more frightening early on in the series, in my mind. Back when she was sort of dimwitted and dangerous. She is monstrous when you first look at her, a sort of motley Jabba the Hutt. But deep down she's a big cuddly mother-figure.

I always liked Marjorie. I thought she was cool. In "The New Trash Heap in Town", she is able to intervene in the Fraggles' collective dreams and reassure them that everything will be all right. I always liked that scene, where she says "Do not be afraid, little Fraggles...it is only a dream..." and the Fraggles calm down and sleep easier. She truly cares about them, and that little scene shows it so well.

I can't remember any Fraggle moments that scared me when I was a kid, but I do use an expression of Gobo's from "Scared Silly". In the epsiode, Gobo says "You scared the radish resin outta me!" I thought it was a funny expression, and ever since if something scares me, I refer to it as "scaring the radish resin outta me!":smirk:

Convincing John

iluvfragglerock

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
I find the episode Home is Where the Trash is to be really scary when Philo and Gunge get captured by that McMooch guy because he is really creepy looking. Especially when he is having Philo and Gunge pulling him that wagon or whatever (I'm trying to remember it as good as I can.) Like I said he is so scary looking and that scene just made him even scarier for some reason.
oo that one always scared me too:boo: :grouchy:

iluvfragglerock

Reaction score
Morgan Clueless said:
Same here. I personally found it creepy when the Storyteller sang the tale of the Tunnel...

And the spiders sorta freaked me out a bit, I admit. :confused:
lol i always thought the little creatures (like the spiders) were soo cute:flirt: and i got freaked when wembley found the terrible tunnel:eek: :eek:

Hrodulf

Reaction score
Mine would be from the episode where Boober gets amnesia and thinks he a Gorg (!) and at the end, when they've caught all the other Fraggles in a cage, Pa Gorg says something like "Ok, let's get the fraggle thumper and finish them off" and they bring out this huge club.

It's extra disturbing if you think about it because the fact that they have a "fraggle thumper" suggests they've violently killed Fraggles before . . .