Sarah's Big Disneyworld trip report thread!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Day 5

We had breakfast and headed off to Epcot (for Sarah had been pressing Epcot, since Off Kilter was playing there) We got to the park around 10-11-ish and got fastpasses for test track. Jed wanted to try to get to Norway to be Viking of the Day, so he and dad went to Norway, while mom and I worked on getting fastpasses. We got some for Mission Space, and went back to meet the boys at Norway. Unfortunate for them, they didn't recieve the coveted Viking of the Day, but we did walk right on to Rio De Tiempo afterwards (which did a lot of good for my little spanish I heart ) Then, I reminded the family that it was getting close to Off Kilters first show of the day. We all got great seats in the front row, and waited for the show to begin. The boys were 10 minutes late, and when they came out, there was only 4, Mark Randy Tony, and wait....that wasn't Jamie. For some reason beyond my knowledge, Jamie and Scotty weren't there, and another guy was. I decided that they boys would make a grand entrance, but they didn't. Mark went on to say that Scotty (drums) was going to miss the first set, but would be there for the rest of the day. Luckily, though, Scotty showed up during the first song, and was playing with the group on the second. I found out that the man subbing for Jamie was Jason Thomas, a member of Alberta Bound (the band that plays the days Off Kilter doesn't) and played a mean fiddle. He has a lot of talent, but it just wasn't the same for me...after the show, I had the members of the band sign my Off Kilter T-shirt All signed it, and Jason even asked if I would mind if he would. I said of course not! Dad asked Randy if Jamie had the week off, and Randy said he was spending time with his daughter...dad made some comment of 'yeah, I know how he feels' love you too dad I kept my post for the next show, since it was only half an hour away. I enjoyed that and my family was FINALLY able to drag me away, since the next show was at 3. We used our fastpasses, and quickly rode Mission Space. We picked up Fast Passes for Test Track, even though they were a fairly late time, and headed back to Off Kilter. After watching the band for the third time in one day I decided I could miss the fourth show, and we left the park. We ate at the sunshine food fair, and gave our fastpasses to a family of four beside us. We left the park, and decided we would go try our hands at mini golf (had to use those flex features somehow!) we went to winter summerland, and chose the winter! It was fun, and afterwards, we spend more time in DTD. (which meant more time in DisneyQuest for me and Jed.)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a terrific time!... Without me...
Beauregard said:
*ding*

Smells like puding.

(I just had to say something, cause I'm bored and there isn;'t much activity here at this hour...)
I'm gonna get a ceisure looking at that dang avatar.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
day 6

decided we better do laundry, so we loaded up two suitcases full of clothes, and headed to the laundramat. The main one was full of people, and two of the machines didn't work. We tried the other one, but it was smaller, and in no better shape than the first, so we decided to go with the bigger one. Luckily, we only had to wait a few minutes until a machine was done. My father and I not being fluent in laundromat etiquette waited for the person to arrive who was using this machine, but no one came. Finally, another lady in there advised us to just put their clothes on the counter. We were a little skeptic, but decided if the person who had that one wasn't going to show up, they wouldn't mind if we moved them. We carefully removed the clothes and put our own in. After our clothes washing adventure, we went to MGM for a while. We hit Millionaire, ToT, and Beauty and the Beast, then I decided I had to get back to Epcot, and lucky for me, my family agreed! Apparently, we weren't the only ones that had the idea to go to epcot, for the line was HUGE we finally got on a bus, and when we got to Epcot, I made a mad sprint to Canada, for Off Kilter was already 10 minutes into their show. I watched the rest of it, and had Jamie sign my shirt afterwards. I knew I had one more chance to see OK, so I held my spot so I could get the very best seat. Jed stayed with me, for moral support, and to make sure I didn't do anything crazy....(which I wouldn't do!) in my boredom, I 'borrowed' the batteries from my two way radio for my MP3 player :whistle: a little bit before the show began, I tried to find a bathroom....but did you know Canada only has one bathroom, and a line forms quickly? methinks Canada needs more bathrooms! I decided to skip it, and watched the last show. Dad showed up about halfway through, and after the show, Jed went up to take a picture with them, and dad had pressured me into taking another one with them. I did, and when I was up there, I actually had a conversation with Jamie (which I'm quite proud of myself for being able to accomplish!) I left the stage, and went on to our next adventure. We decided to make a trip to MK to see wishes and spectromagic.

When we got to MK, we went straight to Plaza Pavillion, where we wanted to eat and try to get a good seat for wishes. I was able to snag a decent seat out of luck, and we watched wishes. It was phenomenal. I can't describe how great it was, but if you haven't seen it...go see it NOW! After that, we went to fronteirland and snagged a good seat for spectromagic (2 out of 2...great!) Never seeing spectromagic before, it was great! We were walking down Main Street, and it just happened to be snowing! (the magic of Disney!) We rode around the Railroad once, and it was park closing time.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Love in a laundromat
Who would've thought of that?
Tossing and turning in a fancy machine.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
*I'm confused at this point....I think I actually skipped a day somewhere *I KNEW I should have written this stuff down!* so, I think I'm just going to go to the last day, for I CAN remember that!*

Day 8 New Years Eve

This is it, folks the huge day. We had been told by CM's to pick a park and stay there all day, so we chose MGM. We had all our bags packed by the time we left the hotel room, for we were leaving at around 4 the next morning! We got to the park around 11-12 ish and rode ToT a couple times, and did Millionaire a couple times (leaderboard both!) We basically just mosied around the park until 6 when hats and whistles were being passed out. We got in the HUGE line for these free things (just attach the word free and see how many people line up! I could have probably been through the ToT line TWICE by the time we got them....but it was free, so I wasn't going to complain! By this time, Frankie and the West End Boys were switching out sets with another group (Dance Machine, or something to that effect) We watched a set then headed over to Great Movie Ride. Afterwards, we tried millionaire one more time (yes, it's addictive, and I still got leaderboard) We watched some more music, then went to Muppet*Vision. By the time Jed and I were dragged out of the store with Muppet Merchandise afterwards, it was getting near midnight. We inched our way back towards the stage (I was amazed at how many people there really were) and got as close as we thought necessary. At midnight, we watched Sorcery in the Sky (which call me insane, but I liked it more than Fantasmic!) Then, we were faced with the enormous task of getting out of the park. Even though it had another 30 minutes or so until closing, we decided it would be smart to get in line for a bus. It was a smart move. The line was huge, and the busses couldn't come fast enough! One bus came quickly, but the driver took quite a long time loading wheelchairs (something about new straps) another bus pulled up beside that one while it was still loading people, but that barely made a dent in the line of people. Apparently by this time, the park was closing, for I lost sight of the end of the line. I admit it, at this point, I was cranky and would have loved nothing more than to have a 3-year-old screaming temper tantrum. Finally, another bus came and we were able to get on. Unfortunately, there were only 2 seats left, and mom and dad got those, so I stood, which I thought was no big deal since we were a mere hop skip and jump from the hotel. I was wrong. The roads were so clogged we had to go the long way (which really was just that, a long way) FINALLY we got back to the hotel. Everything Pop was supposed to stay open until 2 for package pickups, but when we got there shy of 1:30, they were already closed. Afraid, sleepy, and mad, we asked at the front desk what to do about package pickups, since we would be leaving before Everything Pop opened back up. The lady at the desk told us they shouldn't be closed, and went to get the manager. He came out and told us that he would go in and get the package for us. He did (and I don't think he was too happy, for he got on to the employees who decided to close it) Apparenty, when people weren't coming in at around 1, they closed it. The must not have known that we were all stuck in traffic we finally got back to the room, where I showered, and slept for about an hour before we had to go (I think I was the only one, mom and dad were afraid that if they went to sleep, they would sleep throught their alarms.) Mom and dad dragged me out of the bed around 4, and we met our driver right outside the hotel. After the driver dropped us four sleep-deprived zombies off at the airport, we checked in our bags (which took longer than it ever has, curse travelling on holidays!) went through security, and had a bite to eat. We caught the plane with no problem. There was a really cute kid behind me, and usually, I would have taken time to listen and laugh at his cute sayings (he was talking about Pirates bringing him milk) but I was tired as all get out, and was rather annoyed. I did get to sleep though, and the flight was over quickly. We drove home and slept forever (or at least half the day and all night!)

dmx10101

Reaction score
Wow thats alot to read at 1:30 am, I think I'll wait to read it tomorrow,