Sarah's Big Disneyworld trip report thread!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Day 1-Christmas Eve....

get at the airport at our exact arrival time (11:11) these Delta people really know their stuff....We take a towncar to our resort Pop Century (which had just opened ten days earlier) Then, we eat and head off to Epcot. We wanted to do Spaceship Earth first, and caught our favorite character oobiday man (don't ask, just nod) then, I HAD to go see Off Kilter. After their show, I got to take a picture with them (YAY!)[oh I'll get a copy up once we get our film developed] We went around the park until Candlelight processional. We got in line (which wasn't a line at all, just a massive crowd) The cast member in charge of the line asks us if we had been counted, we said no, and a lady behind us yelled "BECAUSE THEY CUT!" the Cast Member ignored her, and just went along, but this got me sort of steamed. We watched candlelight processional with Robby Benson as guest narrator. It was spectacular! We got out just in time to find a good spot for Illuminations, on the ledge of the Mitsokushi (spelling? haha) Dept. Store in the Japan pavillion. Illuminations always makes me feel like.....I just can't describe the feeling, but it's a really good one. Sort of like the saying getting high on life (I hope I can use that phrase on here...) I guess. Then we trudged back to pop century for day two....

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
2!

Day 2-Christmas

Well we decided it wouldn't be insane enough to just BE in Disneyworld on Christmas day, but for some reason, we decided it would be really fun to just go completely insane and go to Magic Kingdom, but before we did, we exchanged christmas presents. Jed got me magic beans (what's sad, it took me a while to figure out they weren't alive) and earrings, while my parents got me a makeup case, and for my ornament of the year, I got the Kermit/Piggy Halmark ornament. At MK, we managed to hit Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic (which is really really good!), and last but CERTAINLY not least, Carousel of Progress!!! before the crowds became too bad. Mother was tired, so her and dad went to the hotel, while my brother and I spent some time in MGM. We picked up our guest of honor badges (great fun to have I recommend them). Then, hopped in line for Tower of Terror (one of my favorites!) we went back to the hotel and met mom and dad to go back to MGM. We did millionaire (got up on the leader board, but not in the hot seat, It's always the same!) did a couple more rides, and went back to the hotel.

more later, I need to get everything straightened out in my head!

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
Awww! Sarah, you're SO making me miss WDW! Glad you had fun :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Day 3-Dec 26

Mom and dad finally got me to go to Animal Kingdom (part of it was our PS's for Rainforest!) we did Dinosaur, (the first time I've ridden it since they called it dinosaur) then my brother and I did Primeval Whirl (twice in a row, due to FastPasses) then decided we would do Kali River Rapids...man, were we stupid...this was probably the least warmest day we had (I can't say coldest!) and we got soaked, and worst of all, where I put my jacket in had mold in it, so my jacket smelled like mold :boo: then we went to Rainforest, and ate. Then we went back to the hotel.(where I changed!) Jed and dad decided to swim, but my mother and I wasn't that brave, so we went to MGM where the guys would meet us. Mom took me to the Muppet*Vision shop first (she didn't really want to see the show, because she knew she would see it more than once already!) I bought a shirt, an antennae topper, a car freshener (I turn 16 in May, can you tell?) and a bookmark...total money blown? $30, not bad, especially for WDW! we shopped, and went to Tower of Terror, but the lines were too long. By then, the park was too full! So we tried to catch Jed and dad coming in, so we could tell them let's go, but about an hour before Fantasmic, the lines got tolerable, so we shopped more. There was a stage set up in front of the hat, and a DJ was there (to prepare for New Year's, I'm guessing, so me and mom boogied on down, until the boys came and found us! Then, we did Millionaire again (leaderboard) and Great movie ride (I don't know if we had you, jeremy or not, you'll have to send me a pic!) then it was back to the hotel to prepare for day 3

Luke

Reaction score
Whats a Guest Of Honor badge ? Glad you had a great time Sarah - I so have to do all this some time.

BTW does anyone around here work at Disneyland Paris or have any contacts working there ? I want to visit soon and get a look at one of their attractions.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
a guest of honor badge is a little $6 badge you buy at MGM or Downtown Disney, and any real name you want is engraved for free. (Which is good, because two members of my family have names you can NEVER find on customized stuff! They say guest of honor, and look like employee badges (although they are a different color) It's fun, because CM's call you by name, and sometimes give you special attention. And what's really fun is that tourists do not realize you are not an employee, and ask questions on how to get to places, how much things are....etc....etc....

I would recommend them to anyone going to WDW

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Day 4-December 27

Went back to Magic Kingdom to hit everything we missed we hit Space Mountain, Space Ranger Spin, Big Thunder Mountain, Philharmagic, Splash Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Then we split up. Mother and I went shopping, and met the boys back just in time to catch the holiday parade....it was really awsome to see in person what I had admired on TV for years. We got on the Monorail and went to the grand floridian, and while mom and dad resort hopped, jed and I went to Blizzard Beach then after we got back, we went to Downtown Disney, burned some time, and came back to the hotel