Rumor: The Muppet Wizard of Oz

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Just to throw my two cents in, I originally posted here months ago when this rumour first surfaced that some Vancouver folks I know had heard through "the biz" prior to the AICN story that Henson was looking to shoot a project out there (presumably a new Muppet movie since this was post-"Good Boy") and that the story probably wasn't just some crazy rumour. Of course this could have also just been another film that was at the development stage too.

Is the general consensus now that this movie is being shot?

I think "Oz" is a good idea - I'd still rather see "Cheapest" made - but you know these Muppet adaptations have been pretty good. "Treasure Island" is one of my favourite Muppet things ever and I rewatched "Christmas Carol" over the holidays for the first time in years and thought you know, that's a great little movie, Muppet or otherwise.

Here's hoping something shoots in 2004...

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Me too! :smile: I'm in for anything Muppets. And btw, how do we *know* that's it's gonna be a "kiddie" movie anyway? :confused:

the best thing about the muppets has always been the fact that half of it ISNT for kids. it has a wonderful way of rolling right over childrens heads. i've always thought it amazingly hilarious to hear the jokes and society satire come from felt animals. i love corny humor though, thus my love for the muppets into my last year as a teenager. they'll add cheap spinoffs from adult movies and have adult humor hidden in somewhere, dont worry. :crazy:

ohdarling

Reaction score
i never liked the film the wizard of oz but i think that the muppets doing their own remake of it would probably be great. not to mention that it'd be hilarious, if they do a good job of it. i can just imagine if miss piggy was dorothy, *rotfl* although there is that pigtailed girl in sesame street. isn't her name dorothy? or sally. sorry, lol. brain melt!

agger_rob

Reaction score
ohdarling said:
although there is that pigtailed girl in sesame street. isn't her name dorothy? or sally. sorry, lol. brain melt!
I think her name is Prairie Dawn.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I sure hope this IS true! I'm dieing for another Muppet movie, and after seeing how Muppet Treasure Island worked out I think this would be absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :halo: Animal would definitely have to have a role, though!

King Jim

Reaction score
I remember on the muppet babies show theme they had the baby muppets playing Wizard of Oz.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I think it will be interesting, although I do wish they'd do something original.