Rumor: The Muppet Wizard of Oz

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Me too! :smile: I'm in for anything Muppets. And btw, how do we *know* that's it's gonna be a "kiddie" movie anyway? :confused:
Same here, I'm in for anything muppets too. It would be great if there was a new TV show or feature film coming out too. I doubt I will get to see the wizard of oz movie if its on on US TV because I don't have access to any pay TV here in Australia in which most of the muppet stuff is on.

jediX

Reaction score
I'd assume this would be on regular tv... right?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes *shudder* ABC! I believe that's what secret Squirrel said. The thing about ABC, is that they're trying to bounce back from a really really bad recession...the only thing that keeps that station alive is their sitcoms (and only a few of those)

Spicy Bubbles

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I see an awful lot of criticism for something that (if they don't have a Dorothy yet) hasn't even started shooting. Shouldn't there be an open mind? Have faith, think positive, and always keep an open mind. :smile: :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have changed my mind on this, having had my eyes opened today by VMC. I am going to make no prejudgment on it yet. Yes, 've been panicing since I heard it was going to be made, but haviong seen VMC, I'm going to calm down.

*breathe...*

King Prawn

Reaction score
I'm not particually fond of the idea but I will watch it, i'll even by it on DVD, heck I bought KSW this has to be better... I hope.

Anyway it takes ages for a new Muppet movie be it for cinema or TV and i'm not going to pass on wait and have to wait all that much longer.

ps. I've just realised the Muppets have not had a thearetical (or however you spell it) release this millenium! :eek:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I doubt this movie will be on Australian free to air TV, if we are lucky it might be on pay TV but I'm not even sure about that.

The muppets really need to have a theatrical film to put them back in the limelight!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
sarah, okay sorry for blaming bill, your future husband! he told me that at the new years party! haha.....

as for this movie, it's like i said before, this is a bad move for the hensons. wizard of oz? the whole poiint of the christmas movie was to help move them to the right direction and to show people that the muppets can have a edgy side to them. as for the oz movie, i think this doesn't help them. if you're trying to move foward, you can't go backwards and keep on repeating the mistakes that you've done before.

ryan

King Prawn

Reaction score
It would be surprising a very well recieved (by me anyway) if this movie was edgy, I mean just cause it's Oz doesn't mean the Muppets can be edgy but it's hard enough to make the Muppets edgy already so why complicate it even more by giving them The Wizard Of Oz something non-edgy to work with.

Although they could totally suprise us and have the part of Dorothy played by Janice who takes something she should and starts picturing all her friends in this strange land... :flirt:

dmx10101

Reaction score
I think it's nice they are making a new Muppet movie, but I think they could have picked something better than Wizard of Oz.