Roy Disney resigns, asks Eisner to step down

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
oops didn't make myself clear...do they need toon disney and the disney channel both targeted at just about the same audience...I think they would be easy to combine, and leave the Disney channel for better stuff....call the other one Disney Kids or disney pre-teen magnet or something :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Classic Disney stuff is the best animated shorts next to Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies. I give them a tied rating.

I like the House of Mouse stuff, too, because the shorts are very reminiscent of the classic Disney toons.

Phantom

Reaction score
My son was born while we watched "Blackbeard's Ghost" on the Disney Channel which came on right after Zorro. You never see Spin and Marty anymore. (BTW today is my son's birthday, how ironic.)

Personally, I think they need to have one channel targeting teens and one targeting adults (nostalgia fanatics). Leave Toon Disney for the kids.

I am so sick of seeing Raven Simone and Hillary Duff on every show that Disney shows past 3:00 in the afternoon.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I always thought the Disney Channel shows were lame. I like all the older stuff best.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I like house of mouse, too, but I never get to see it anymore (thanks to my antennae sticking out of the ground)

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
To throw in my own two cents here, it seems that all the shows I really enjoyed were on during the years I so badly wanted the Disney Channel. Now that I have it, thanks to digital cable, they're all GONE. So, I don't even watch the Disney Channel. It's all Toon Disney for me :concern:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
One word: Ouch!

Statement by Roy E. Disney on Closure of Walt Disney Florida Feature Animation Facility

BURBANK, Calif., Jan. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a statement issued by Roy E. Disney:

Closure of the Walt Disney Florida Feature Animation facility is yet another example of Michael Eisner's de-emphasis of creativity and total indifference to the impact his decisions have on the people who helped to make the company great. Once again, the Eisner regime has emphasized short-term gains over long-term value. The drain of talent over the past several years from the company's feature animation department in Orlando, Burbank, Paris and Tokyo has been absolutely gut-wrenching. People are being asked to leave because management -- particularly Michael -- can't figure out what to do with them. That certainly is not the fault of the talent. It is the fault of the so-called strategic thinkers at headquarters.