Roy Disney resigns, asks Eisner to step down

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
How much of what Jim Hill writes is opinion or fact? He's a dang good writer!!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I can never tell; he must get it from somewhere. But you're right, it's entertaining nonetheless!

jeremyactor

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
I can never tell; he must get it from somewhere. But you're right, it's entertaining nonetheless!
He has a number of good sources - like on Tough Pigs, the Anonyfrog, or our own Secret Squirrell.

He's also got a lot of bad sources, so he comes out about even. Sometimes he gets a hot scoop, sometimes he gets a story that pans out to be false.

There's one member of his staff (well, former member now) that I can't stand. Jim Korkis published a lot of articles there, and when he took a group on a tour of the Disney MGM Studios, about half of the information he told us I was able to prove wrong (the other half was either obvious and well published information or I didn't find anything on it).

So, I take everything on Jim Hill with a grain of salt. Usually he gets the main point of things right, but sometimes gets a little carried away.

Jeremy

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
roy has started a site www.savedisney.com thought you might wanna check it out (I'd link it, but I'm in quick reply)

edit: how cool! it linked automatically!!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
the new years resolutions on the site made me crack up...word also is that Roy hired a big web designer to work on the site...haven't heard how long it's gonna take to get it up.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Here's the Resolutions copied here:

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

“To be effective, executives must be organized, keep their desks clean, answer their mail, return their calls, and remain sufficiently clam to put out each day’s small fires before they spread.” - - Michael Eisner

This being New Year’s Eve, we at savedisney.com thought to offer some New Year’s Resolutions for our favorite CEO.:

20) Get in Shape: Remember its quality, not quantity that counts.

19) Save Something for a Rainy Day: The Disney image.

18) Lose Weight: Sell ABC.

17) Cut Back on Junk Food: No more sequels to animated classics.

16) Try a Make-Over: Transform ABC Family into a Disney Classics Channel.

15) Create: Thrilling new E-Ticket rides.

14) Nurture the Soul: Feature Animation and Imagineering.

13) Relax: Who needs micromanagement? Trust. Defer and delegate.

12) Restore: Disneyland for its 50th anniversary. Get those subs open!

11) Renew: Don’t defer maintenance at the parks.

10) Reduce: Executive bonus compensation.

9) Rebuild: Consumer confidence.

8) Revitalize: Shareholder value.

7) Keep it Clean: "Look to the name Walt Disney for the finest in Family Entertainment."

6) Be More Giving: Make a fair deal with Pixar. Settle with the Pooh heirs. Set Miramax free (if they come back they are truly yours, if not they never were…).

5) Be More Considerate: Treat all employees as you would management.

4) Be More Spiritual: What Would Walt Do?

3) Embrace the Future: Name a successor.

2) Let Go of Past Grudges: Reinstate Roy and Stanley to the Board of Directors.

1) Start Fresh: Retire! Take that Sabbatical. Backpack across Europe . Join the Peace Corps. Tour the lecture circuit. Write another volume of memoirs. Take a cruise on the Disney Wonder!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Don't know about #18, but #16 I would definitely go for.

I got a better idea: Why not dump ALL the current Disney Channel shows and movies onto ABC Family (big ratings!) and turn THE Disney Channel back to the way it was 8 years ago so it can TRULY live up to its name and heritage.

Hope you followed that.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I have to agree. Do they really need a Disney channel and a toon disney channel?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I have to agree. Do they really need a Disney channel and a toon disney channel?
YES. But Disney Channel, though more successful, needs to be about Disney but times change I guess, so I guess I can't blame them. TOON Disney on the other hand, yeesh, there is NO excuse in the world they can't donate a half-hour or an hour each day to old Disney cartoon classics. NO excuse.

Even Time Warner's (formerly AOL Time Warner, hee hee) Cartoon Network has enough room for some of the old classics in their library even as they show the Cartoon Cartoons and Adult Swim stuff.