Rovio Is Teaming Up With Marvel To Create Angry Birds Movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that the Angry Birds franchise has been done to death already. I remeber a few months ago, they were everywhere. And what " emotional attachment" are they talking about? People only play the game because it A. passes time, or B. are addicted. I think they've had their time, now give another franchise a chance, like the Muppets perhaps.....
I've started to respect these tiny little "pass the time" games without too much depth to them. That's what most Atari games were like anyway. Plus, I'm starting to get a really annoyance towards long and winding video games, especially the ones that make you work for imaginary money that you can buy imaginary status symbols for.

I mean, really... give me a good old fashion Mega Man any day.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Seriously? An Angry Birds movie? (I can't say I didn't see this coming though.... but now I can complain about this).
Marvel and Angry Birds? Hmmmm....will this be about the Birds being super heros? I can see it now.
Maybe it will be like the Avengers, where they all have to team up and fight the evil forces of the evil pigs.
This is just crazy. Why do they have to make movies and/or TV shows of these kinds of things? I thought we've seen enough when the Annoying Orange was announced to be a TV Show.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Maybe the Angry Birds are angry because the Annoying Orange was announced to be a tv show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously? An Angry Birds movie? (I can't say I didn't see this coming though.... but now I can complain about this).
Marvel and Angry Birds? Hmmmm....will this be about the Birds being super heros? I can see it now.
Maybe it will be like the Avengers, where they all have to team up and fight the evil forces of the evil pigs.
This is just crazy. Why do they have to make movies and/or TV shows of these kinds of things? I thought we've seen enough when the Annoying Orange was announced to be a TV Show.
How about?

Are You SERIOUS? Every video game movie ever made?

Seriously, how many Resident Evil movies are there?

Video Game movies on a whole SUCK! They throw out the concept, go for something banal, and say "eh, who cares? it's merchandise the same as a poorly designed T-shirt." King Koopa and Street Fighter characters will be in Wreck it Ralph, and already, it's the best movie they've ever been in! Even if the movie is freaking terrible, it's the best movie they've ever been in.

And the second Street Fighter film actually managed to be WORSE than the first one.

Egad. Angry Birds already sounds like an Oscar winner compared to most game movies.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Even if a movie is not based on one game in particular, its still usually bad if it tries to tie in video games or gaming culture. Scott Pilgrim is one of the only movies to do it right. Even the game (which was more based on the comic books) has tons of shoutouts to other games. I mean, the character select screen is identical to Super Mario 2 USA.

On the flip side, games based on movies are just as bad. The only decent game based on a movie I can think of is The Nightmare Before Christmas. Its kinda awkward at first, but since its a brand new story, you can't really mess up that aspect. And it does a great job recreating the look and feel of the movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if a movie is not based on one game in particular, its still usually bad if it tries to tie in video games or gaming culture. Scott Pilgrim is one of the only movies to do it right. Even the game (which was more based on the comic books) has tons of shoutouts to other games. I mean, the character select screen is identical to Super Mario 2 USA.
Nerd culture in general. They just do NOT understand what makes "geeks" tick. They add a computer hacker to EVERY show out there, and the writers have NO CLUE how computers work and throw a bunch of techno-jargon that's nothing more than techno gibberish and double talk. And how many *&^% episodes of every show have to take place at Comic Con? The Cleveland Show was the only thing that even remotely got Comic Con (basically stating the thing is a big commercial for Hollywood projects that NO ONE who reads comics would ever watch).

But video game movies didn't even need a nerd angle until maybe the Tomb Raider ones (which are sadly the better of those movies, if not the best). Though, if they tried to pull that Super Mario Bros. movie off today, there would be entire complain-o-sphere around it. Oh, it would still get made, probably even stupider and more completely wrong... but there would be pretty much ignored death threats by the millions.

But I ask you....WHY did we need a second Street Fighter movie that was actually WORSE than the first one? At least with the first movie, Raul Julia had fun in the role.And why was Chinese Chun Li played by someone who wasn't Chinese or even remotely Asian?

On the flip side, games based on movies are just as bad. The only decent game based on a movie I can think of is The Nightmare Before Christmas. Its kinda awkward at first, but since its a brand new story, you can't really mess up that aspect. And it does a great job recreating the look and feel of the movie
Ttch... that was like that since Atari's day. I could say E.T., as that's the most obvious... but really... just weird games. Some were actually kinda fun, but they were variations on an existing game.

To say nothing of worst video game company LJN! Beetlejuice sucked, Bill and Ted sucked, Jaws sucked... they were all just awful.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I can name so many not movie related games worse than E.T. Dragster is so much worse than E.T. and Dragster was made by Activision, kings of Atari

But thats moot :stick_out_tongue:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Nerd culture in general. They just do NOT understand what makes "geeks" tick. They add a computer hacker to EVERY show out there, and the writers have NO CLUE how computers work and throw a bunch of techno-jargon that's nothing more than techno gibberish and double talk. And how many *&^% episodes of every show have to take place at Comic Con? The Cleveland Show was the only thing that even remotely got Comic Con (basically stating the thing is a big commercial for Hollywood projects that NO ONE who reads comics would ever watch).
It's because the people who write the shows boil people down to the popular stereotypes. Same reason how every show about high school has everyone having wild sex and drinking all the time. The middle-aged men and women who write the shows think this is what goes on with the group, so they push it forward. The lowest common denominator plays well.