Rovio Is Teaming Up With Marvel To Create Angry Birds Movie

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Yeah, It's Official!! Rovio Is Teaming Up With Marvel To Create The Angry Birds Movie!!, But Wait, If Rovio's Teaming Up With Marvel, Wouldn't That Mean There Teaming Up With Disney Also??, I Mean Dosen't Disney Own Marvel??, Anyways, Comment And Tell Me If U Can Please.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...m-in-development/story-e6frfrt9-1226343298705
EDIT: Yes I Know It's From May, I Know!!, Just Comment, Okay?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:sigh:

*Walks over to a tree*

*Step up on a crate*

*Ties one end of a rope to a branch*

*Ties other end around neck*

*Jumps off crate*

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You know, every time I read something spoken by anyone at that company, especially the dude who is responsible for the game (since he thinks he's god of the video game industry), another part of me gets closer to wanting to track them down and just punching them repeatedly in the face. I can't stand their cocky attitude. And what's all this about "emotional attachment?" If you are emotionally attached to a stupid rip off of much better games of the same genre, you have issues and need psychiatric help

Teheheman

Reaction score
I don't think they're emotionally attached to the idea, just the actual game itself because of all the hard work that gets put into creating something like this(although, it could be the easiest thing on the planet, I dunno) BUT, no matter WHAT you work on, if it's a game, a script, a movie/TV show, a song, etc. You get emotionally attached because that's what you created. It's your baby, you were there since the beginning. THAT BEING SAID, how is Marvel gonna make Angry Birds a movie? Are they gonna do a back story on the pigs and the birds? Are they gonna make the birds into Marvel superhero?(BIIIIIIRRRRRRDMANNNNN). This is probably gonna either be straight to DVD cartoon, or a CGI overbudget nightmare. I'm betting on the latter
Daniel

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Did you even read the article?

The film, to be produced in conjunction with Marvel, will explore the "emotional connection" gamers have with Angry Birds

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, every time I read something spoken by anyone at that company, especially the dude who is responsible for the game (since he thinks he's god of the video game industry), another part of me gets closer to wanting to track them down and just punching them repeatedly in the face. I can't stand their cocky attitude. And what's all this about "emotional attachment?" If you are emotionally attached to a stupid rip off of much better games of the same genre, you have issues and need psychiatric help
Egotistical people ripping of genres of games?

That's the WHOLE video game industry!

Heck, I'm not exactly liking Capcom lately, either.

A movie is too much. Unless they were to build an actual story around the characters and make them personable... even then, a cartoon series would be better. And not the flash cartoons they're working on for download. I mean an actual TV series. Angry Orange and Fred have TV shows... and they're the WORST stuff on the internet.

Somehow "emotional attachment" either makes me think Documentary or Wreck it Ralph ripoff.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
"Emotional attachment" makes me think it might be a nice soap opera. Perhaps they will take a gritty look at the circumstances that made these birds so angry in the first place. Maybe something went wrong in their youth, like not enough worms from their parents.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I guess I'm not the only one not looking forward to this.

galagr

Reaction score
I think that the Angry Birds franchise has been done to death already. I remeber a few months ago, they were everywhere. And what " emotional attachment" are they talking about? People only play the game because it A. passes time, or B. are addicted. I think they've had their time, now give another franchise a chance, like the Muppets perhaps.....

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Egotistical people ripping of genres of games?

That's the WHOLE video game industry!

Heck, I'm not exactly liking Capcom lately, either.
Hehe...yeah, I know. But something about this company in particular really irks me. And EA, but we won't go there.