Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Once again, the sarcasm is lost in text. Probably in poor taste, but it goes to show you what Trumpsters dismiss as him "joking" and "having a sense of humor" may not be such.
You know you have a problem when your hate of an individual overtakes empathy for others.

Once again, we're beyond the point of thoughts and prayers. God didn't put us on this earth to stand around and do nothing, he expects us to actually do something, and in this case, we're past the point of needing to do something about these shootings.
You do realize that many gun rights supporters can actually do BOTH? One can offer prayers for the victims AND work to solve our gun problems at the same time. Republicans seem to offer their thoughts and prayers and do nothing. Democrats just do nothing, without the thoughts and prayers.

I've since learned of those specific details, so in this case, you're probably right about this not necessarily being linked to Trump.

Who's exaggerating? Many of these shootings have, indeed, been committed by Trump supporters who had ties to White Supremacy or other hate groups, or even had pro-gun agendas fueled by the NRA's glamorization of guns in America.

And who's exaggerating? Well, you did immediately blame the shooting on a Trump supporter when, in fact, it was not true and there were no reports to even indicate that. And even in your response you make exaggerated claims without any proof of such.

You know you have a problem when your hate of an individual overcomes your quest for the truth or even care about the truth anymore.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Now . . . notice how you never see liberals do any stupid stuff like this.
Look up left wing terrorism in Europe.

Dude, whoever exhaults himself shall be humbled. The Democrats are setting themselves up for a huge fall by steadfastly refusing to accept any criticism and placing themselves above everyone else. A little humility would go a long way.

And also, when many Democrats attack “thoughts and prayers,” they aren’t just calling for action the way you did. They’re also putting down religion, specifically, as usual, Christianity.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I get that, again, I wasn't specifically pointing out those who lost their lives in this shooting, the point was when Trump makes remarks about something like this needs to happen, and his supporters dismiss it as him "just joking," is probably not the wisest thing to do, because it may not be a joke.
So what if it’s not a joke? They still are just words. Liberals are looking increasing weak and out of perspective by putting mean words on the same level as actions.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ve been on the earth since the dawn of time, Gerald. I just didn’t get into Thomas until the 2000s because I was busy collecting souls.
You should see the movie Bedazzled. Not the 2000 remake, I'm talking the 1967 original with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Kathy Griffin, late night hosts, (and I guess you can include Peter Fonda) have made equally inflammatory remarks in the name of "satire". If a right winger made a similar remark they'd be condemned as racist, homophobic xenophobic, or just plain evil.
But satire is a safe haven for lefties.

Do you know what is also shameful? There are those whose hatred for Trump is so great they'd rather see the whole country fail than see him succeed.
Let 330 million suffer (including those they pledge undying support to), let crime and unemployment rates soar, let us die in a nuclear war, let chaos and anarchy rule. All these conditions seem more favorable than lending Trump the least bit of support. How noble is that?

Is Trump a deeply flawed individual? Absolutely. Does he always think things through? No. But when even a baby step of progress is made, it's accepted with such a begrudging spirit, some would still favor no progress at all.

If we're all supposed to be in this together, where does that leave us?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Kathy Griffin, late night hosts, (and I guess you can include Peter Fonda) have made equally inflammatory remarks in the name of "satire". If a right winger made a similar remark they'd be condemned as racist, homophobic xenophobic, or just plain evil.
But satire is a safe haven for lefties.

Do you know what is also shameful? There are those whose hatred for Trump is so great they'd rather see the whole country fail than see him succeed.
Let 330 million suffer (including those they pledge undying support to), let crime and unemployment rates soar, let us die in a nuclear war, let chaos and anarchy rule. All these conditions seem more favorable than lending Trump the least bit of support. How noble is that?

Is Trump a deeply flawed individual? Absolutely. Does he always think things through? No. But when even a baby step of progress is made, it's accepted with such a begrudging spirit, some would still favor no progress at all.

If we're all supposed to be in this together, where does that leave us?
Trump I have no sympathy for, I am only interested in Mueller's investigation at this point. There's been enough people from Trump's campaign going to jail/facing justice to convince me Trump himself is guilty of something quite serious. I mentioned the Young Turks before, during the election coverage they were marveling at Trump's apparent lack of preparation at getting the vote out. I think we now can gather that was at least in part because his campaign had help from another country, starts with an R. :wink:

But
, I do hate to see liberals like Bill Maher praying for the country to fail. Thing is many liberals can't reconcile their desire to stand up for the working class, vs their undeniable contempt for them.

And I agree, comedians can't hide behind their occupation, but then shame anyone who does the same. That's not bravery.

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Now . . . notice how you never see liberals do any stupid stuff like this.
Eh, not quite true: Protesters Assault Trump Supporters With Eggs, Bottles, Punches After Rally
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/protesters-assault-trump-supporters-eggs-bottles-punches-after-rally-n585096

Did they terrorize the baker who refused to bake for gay couples?
That baker did say he was getting death threats. That isn't exclusive to one group. https://www.today.com/video/baker-w...uple-i-ve-had-death-threats-1112313411588?v=b

There are a lot of great liberals out there, but the group as a whole is not anymore above this type of behavior than the conservatives are.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And also, when many Democrats attack “thoughts and prayers,” they aren’t just calling for action the way you did. They’re also putting down religion, specifically, as usual, Christianity.
When have Democrats ever said cease and desist with the "thoughts and prayers" because of religion? It's never even been about that. Like, at all. This is about getting people to stop looking for an easy way out of a situation, and trying to get action taken to put a stop to this kind of thing from happening on the regularity that is has. In a sense, "thought and prayers" is almost equivilient to turning a blind eye to everything.
So what if it’s not a joke? They still are just words. Liberals are looking increasing weak and out of perspective by putting mean words on the same level as actions.
Words are more powerful than you may think.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know you have a problem when your hate of an individual overtakes empathy for others.
I feel like that's an issue with alot of people when it comes to politics.

They see their supporters as nothing but sheep.

I mean ****. I'll say I was once guilty of being like that when it came to liberals. (Obama supporters, Bernie supporters, Hillary supporters, etc).