Rainbow Connection on Muppet Central Radio

What's your favorite non-original version of the Rainbow Connection?

• Sarah McLachlan

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Debbie Harry and Kermit

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Paul Williams

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Jim Brickman

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Willie Nelson

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Kenny Loggins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Judy Collins

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Zack, Raven-Symone sang Rainbow Connection with Kermit on the 1990 special, "The Muppets at Walt Disney World".
In my opinion.. that was the worst version I've ever heard... I have such a thing against 5 year old child actors... Comes from all those years of Full House....

Anyway, Though the Rainbow connection is a great song, I never listen to it much for a simple reason.. IT DEPRESSES THE HECK OUT OF ME!!! That, Saying Goodbye, Sing, and Just one Person (not really a Muppet song)..... They used most of them on tributes to Jim Henson and Joe Raposo... they just bring me to tears sometimes.

Saying Goodbye (haveng actually seen TMTM two days ago (I got it as a belated Christmas Present) really amost made me crack. Especially the part where Kermit's walking alone at the end, and his friends appear as little fading memories.. excuse me... I need a tissue....

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey, what's cool is that all of these versions are available to buy, with the exception of Jim Brickman's version. Although he does have a track on his Destiny album titled "What We Believe In or The Rainbow Connection," but the lyrics don't correspond... unless the second half is the song as heard on MC Radio.

SillyRed

Reaction score
What about Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies and Less than Jake?:confused: Those punk bands covered it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing them up. One and possibly both of them will be added to our rotation later this year.