question about the new muppet tv show

MuppetVison

Reaction score
Man, Pepe isn't one of my favorite muppets. I hope Dr. Teeth will be but most likely he won't.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
So Lukester, any other tidbits you can leak out?
We know Pepe will be one of th emain characters, but what format are they going for? Total ADD random experimental ala sex and violence and JHH? Who is being considered to return?
I don't "leak" - i've just heard a few things from usually reliable sources thats all, it's not like i'm on the inside or anything.

I would gather that Pepe will be a main character on the assumption that they've given him a starring role in the movie. The rumor that they are initially (in early stages) planning this to be shot on a theatre set came from one source, and the fact it won't be a straighforward variety format and something with a kind of 'edge' to it comes from statements the producers themselves have put out as seen on the Muppet sites. Other than that, it's mainly guesswork.

I (IMHO) wouldn't expect them to go all out edgy, i think thats just something to get people talking about it all. There might be a slight edge to it but i'd think more of a mix between "The Muppet Show" and "Muppets Tonight" with a little "Letterman" thrown into the mix. Possibly an edgy monologue, maybe some outside goofing around and human interaction, but overall the same kinda skits as before.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>There might be a slight edge to it but i'd think more of a mix between "The Muppet Show" and "Muppets Tonight" with a little "Letterman" thrown into the mix. Possibly an edgy monologue, maybe some outside goofing around and human interaction, but overall the same kinda skits as before<<<

Gosh, I was thinking more of a new format mixed in as well, with all that edgy talk from the producers. Well, I guess in the Fox business taking a risk isnt a factor anymore. I woul dhope more tms and jhh with something new into the mix...I definately think they should go 'outside' the studio ala how Letterman and Leno do. Thats the only thing I can credit that lame Greg the Bunny with...they actually show the outside world.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I just hope they have scooter and rowlf back and have kermit host,I like Clifford ok,but dont care for him that much.Pepe is funny so I think it's good he's become a main one.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think there's any question that Kermit won't be hosting this show - too much hangs on it, and it's supposed to be bringing back the nostalgia with a nostalgic but edgy feel. I never liked Clifford, it was a big mistake to overuse him like that, and they've played his part down ever since.