question about the new muppet tv show

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I think it'll probably air sometime around/after Muppetfest, maybe a little later than has been planned. Quite a bit of information has leaked out to trusted sources already, and it's a little further on in development than people might think.
How much further? :smile:

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie

How much further? :smile:
Well, since Fox didn't even list it as a mid-season replacement, I'd think any production would count as further along than I thought!

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels

Well, since Fox didn't even list it as a mid-season replacement, I'd think any production would count as further along than I thought!
It likely won't air on fox until the fall, unless they decide to start it in the summer.

Luke

Reaction score
As Joe mentioned, mid-summertime is good. I think you'll be seeing some early clips or a promo during Muppetfest. As for how much further along - obviously not in prodcution till early next year, but it's not on the drawing board stages either. Inbetween that time they do pilots, sending preliminary bids for guests, and finalise the script drafts. I guess they'll be focusing more on this once the guys get back from Vancouver. The show won't have been listed anywhere by Fox because it wouldn't have got network approval yet - probably won't until early next year.

Time is tight right now - there may even be something else in the works that has to fit into the timeline between now and early next year.

towels

Reaction score
What's the difference

I would have considered a Pilot as production- i.e. you have a cast in place, a format, at least one script, and you come out with a finished product (even if it is a first draft)...
Must be some show biz technicality!
:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
'Pre-Production', 'Production' and 'Post Production' are indeed just industry terms for how the project moves along. You are right that doing a pilot is considered 'Production' in the technical sense but it's actually done in the period of 'Pre-Production' so officially it's that. It's kinda complicated but you are both right and wrong ! LOL ! :big_grin:

MuppetVison

Reaction score
2 questions:

Will a different muppet then Clifford host. And Whats Mupet Fest? (I'm new here)

Joseph

Reaction score
Re: What's the difference

Originally posted by towels
I would have considered a Pilot as production- i.e. you have a cast in place, a format, at least one script, and you come out with a finished product (even if it is a first draft)...
Must be some show biz technicality!
:big_grin:
The Pilots need to be picked up by a network before they go into full production.

Luke

Reaction score
There are two different types of pilots - ones that as you say, are there for networks to see, and choose to pick up the shows. They also usually do one or two after the network has picked up the show as kinda 'test runs' or to show the network execs how things are looking and get approval for the show to go into full production. In the Muppets case, it's the second type.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>'Pre-Production', 'Production' and 'Post Production' are indeed just industry terms for how the project moves along. You are right that doing a pilot is considered 'Production' in the technical sense but it's actually done in the period of 'Pre-Production' so officially it's that. It's kinda complicated but you are both right and wrong<<<

Remember folks, the TMS pilot(sex and violence, 1974) and JHH pilot('tubes', 1987) both came out 2 years before there actual show, and were quite different. Luckily these will be made just half a year before. I think its safe to talk about specifics since its already been leaked.

There needs to be a seperation of rumors and facts. From what Luke said, their leaning towards a classic theatre motif, and might film a test pilot late this Fall(possibly november) with a late spring/early summer Fox launch. Hopefully the stain of Greg has been wiped clean before their arrival.

So Lukester, any other tidbits you can leak out?
We know Pepe will be one of th emain characters, but what format are they going for? Total ADD random experimental ala sex and violence and JHH? Who is being considered to return?