question about the new muppet tv show

meep!

Reaction score
will the new show be more like muppets tonight or the classic muppet show?

Luke

Reaction score
It sounds like a mixture of the two to me - they are going to do something new and edgy, but the intial rumors that have been going around are that it will be set in the theatre, although they have i think denied it will be an all out variety show.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>but the intial rumors that have been going around are that it will be set in the theatre, although they have i think denied it will be an all out variety show<<<

In the great tradition of hiku's...

In two-thousand-three
the place where it all began
pull back the curtain

the clues are all around my friend^_^

meep!

Reaction score
so what your saying is.........

more like the original? (I was never good with poems....or clues for that matter)

beaker

Reaction score
>>>more like the original? (I was never good with poems....or clues for that matter)<<<

Um...more like hopefully something truly edgy that we havent seen before in terms of approach. While some people on here have their doubts(wink wink mr. robbins:wink: I think this may be the last line of defense for a great comeback...so with that said, I think we need to have high hopes for this.

Also, just wanna state that I think a throwback to the vaudville broadway variety show format would SUCK big time and uniterest a lot of new viewers, and even old. IT truly needs to be edgy...Im personally hoping for some live segments(or if not live I mean, on 'the street' like Jay Walking on Leno or something)

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Personally, I think it is too soon to tell. This is really early in development. We'll have to wait a while and see what information leaks out to us.

Hopefully this show will be fresh. Not a rehash of TMS or MT. TMS is, of course, amazing and wonderful. But this isn't going to be TMS and it shouldn't try to be. I hope it finds its own place in the Muppet world.

It will be exciting to see what happens....

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
My main hope for the show is that they don't set aside any of the classic characters to make way for new ones. One thing that kind of worried me but maybe I'm just being nervous is that in the Weezer special, Rizzo didn't appear once, it was all Pepe. Not that he's a bad character but Rizzo's a classic. It even looked like they might have been trying to make Pepe Gonzo's new sidekick. In the part where they're both talking to Scott. Anyway, these are just my insecurities.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>My main hope for the show is that they don't set aside any of the classic characters to make way for new ones. One thing that kind of worried me but maybe I'm just being nervous is that in the Weezer special, Rizzo didn't appear once, it was all Pepe. Not that he's a bad character but Rizzo's a classic. It even looked like they might have been trying to make Pepe Gonzo's new sidekick. In the part where they're both talking to Scott. Anyway, these are just my insecurities<<<

It's clear that Pepe, as well as Beaker and Bunsen has gotten definate prominence in the core group(as sen on Weezer, Nascar press footage, etc) So Pepe in particulair, has and will definately be pushed into the main 5. Beaker and Bunsen will definately be in there somewhere. As for Rizzo, well he has genuinely become one of the main 7 group of core characters in the last few years. Like Pepe, JHC's push for him more than makes up for his small stature...personally, my hope is for segments to feature a lot of Pepe and Rizzo together, as they work quite well(As seen in MFS and that one Muppetism) So Im pretty sure Rizzo will continue to be one of the main characters.

Luke

Reaction score
I think it'll probably air sometime around/after Muppetfest, maybe a little later than has been planned. Quite a bit of information has leaked out to trusted sources already, and it's a little further on in development than people might think.