Question about scooter and skeeter

statler&waldorf

Reaction score
I haven't been fortunate enough to see very many episodes of the muppet show, but I dn't remember ever seeing skeeter on it. So my question is, was she not created until the muppet babies cartoon came on or did i just not happen to catch her on the muppet show. Mam the muppet babies was cool, they should put out DVDs of that too (even though, i can't get the one's that are out right now, I don't really need more to worry about). I would appreciate any help.
Thank you,
statler&waldorf

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Nope, Skeeter wasn't created until MB. The show people thought the cast of MB needed another female lead, so they created Skeeter solely for that. Which kinda ticked me off, cause I was like, "Hello, you have JANICE!", but then again, Janice is more mellow and not head-strong and "pig-headed" like both Piggy and Skeeter. She would have gotten along too well with Piggy on MB instead of creatin' more turmoil like Skeeter/Piggy did.

matleo

Reaction score
She was added to gie another femlae presence to the Muppets on Muppet Baies. there never was an adult Skeeter. Personally, I'm not a big Muppet babies fan, but that's me.
--Matt

statler&waldorf

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Maybe I'm just such a big fan because that's the one i really grew up on. I also watch storyteller and Muppets Tonight ( I think). But you generally have an affinity for what you watched as a child ( at least I do).

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Actually, there was eventually a baby Janice, in the last Season I believe, but she only appeared in 2 episodes. Originally, the charachter was created to become a regular, but the Muppet Babies was cancelled shortly after she premired.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by SCOOTER_101
Actually, there was eventually a baby Janice, in the last Season I believe, but she only appeared in 2 episodes. Originally, the charachter was created to become a regular, but the Muppet Babies was cancelled shortly after she premired.
She was in 2 episodes?! I knew 1, but 2? And it was already goin' down when she got on? Janice got the short end of the stick, *maaan!* :mad:

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I don't remember those episodes at all. Maybe I stopped watching before those were on. Of course, that's probably why the show got cancelled, because people stopped watching.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Babies did run for eight years from 1984-1992, which for a Saturday morning cartoon is pretty impressive.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Byron,

Hey,
I thought Janice was in more than two.

In the UK they jsut recdently bought out two Muppet Babies videos !

And both had all the episodes with Baby Janice, Statler and Waldorf and Bean Bunny !

I wonder why they decided to show these episodes, Maybe because they think that they are the best ?

See ya