Qe2?

radionate

Reaction score
Luke said:
the chances of some of us in the MC community by chance seeing a UK cruise brochure was pretty slim.
Yep. We are all poor. Or underage.

Luke

Reaction score
Exactly, LOL - they probably didn't tell people about it for fear of MC'ers getting ideas of stowing away !

Maybe i should buy an old boat and book the Muppeteers on a no frills, cheap stay, wear a life preserver at all times, no guarantee you might not sink cheap holiday cruise. That'd suit people here more, Penguin Promotions In association with Rizzo The Rat's "Rat Tours" presents "The Muppets - A Titanic Voyage" - no flash photography for fear of people thinking it's lightening and throwing themselves overboard, and beware of one legged pirates !!!!!!!

:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
Nah, that's pretty cheap for a cruise from the UK, people go on them all the time and these kind of event things are very popular - anyone would have been able to go. Maybe it even was advertised but only in brochures for this kind of thing - the chances of some of us in the MC community by chance seeing a UK cruise brochure was pretty slim.
but still...you'd think *someone* would have heard of this...man.
Muppets/Sesame: Bigger recognition than even the mouse worldwide, but whose attentive fans are still relatively underground.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

You know, I dont think they wanted us to know. They know what we are like, People here would have bought tickets. Its a fact.

One of the people on the boat, Told me that they were going on a 'sea cruise'. If they would have wanted us to know where and what they were going to do on that sea cruise, Then they would have told.

I think Dave and Jerry went for a vacation more than anything.

see ya

radionate

Reaction score
You've already tracked down someone who was on the boat Warrick?

Speak English my boy. Take a breath, slow down, and explain yourself.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Nate,

The Big J told me before he went, But didnt tell me Muppets were going alone.

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
Well yeah, from my experience celebs do tend to see these cruises as free vacations - you just have to do an appearance here and there and the rest of the time you can do what you like in luxury for free. I don't think Henson would have specifically not wanted anybody to go, it was a cruise with guests of a animation/puppets theme so you can bet your life that some of the people on that cruise were fans too. I'd guess the puppeteers don't like to tread on the marketing peoples toes nowadays so left it upto them and with Henson only making a cut of the Muppeteers booking fee and not there promoting anything they didn't have any reason to announce anything. It may well have been advertised and promoted by the cruise company, just not specifically to Muppet fans.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
:excited: theres an old muppet book called muppets at sea that I have and it contains illustrations but no photos. its a story of the muppets going on holiday and they rent a ship and its not like what they thought it was, it was very runned down so they decided to paint it! and the it was as good as new. That is the kind of cruise that would be much cheaper than the qe2!

:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Warrick said:
The Big J told me before he went, But didnt tell me Muppets were going alone.
Well if Warrick wasnt informed, than I dont think any fan was. Yeah, I could see how they just wanted a vacation without a bunch of crazed UK fans haggling them:wink:

But pix! we want pix!

Luke

Reaction score
Crazed UK fans ? Warrick is probably the only person who could have afforded to go - i'm surprised he didn't put a bid in for the Muppets. He could probably run Henson a darn site better than EMTV too !

(then again, trained monkeys or Flipper could have too !)