Qe2?

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Anyone read the little item on Palisades section about the cruise this past week on the QE2?

How on Earth did this slip by unoticed (by me at any rate)?

Is there any more information on what was going on?

- Derek

Natalie

Reaction score
Well, there is another thread about it in the Classic Muppets section (i'm not sure why it's there) like "what muppets do in there off hours" i think. But yeah, I guess most of us didn't know about it!

radionate

Reaction score
As far as I know, nobody around here knew about it

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Too bad

That's kind of a big marketing failure if not even the rabid Muppet fans like us knew about it... I'm sure someone on here would have gone - It would have been fun to read about it! Oh well...

Guess I'll have to keep my ears to the ground a bit more!

For those of you who still don't know what I'm talking, about read this:
http://cruises.about.com/library/news/blnews030707b.htm

- Derek

beaker

Reaction score
Lol, shows you how 'connected' the Muppet news community is. Sorry to say this, but gosh darn...either JHC doesnt like to give out news to such things, or people really dont have 'little birds' of information.

Thank goodness, someone posted about the Spinney book signings.
So yeah, is there any pix of this?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I cant believe we didnt know about this, That would have been so great, beyond belief. The creators of Wallace and Gromit and Chicken run were also on there and im a huge fan of them and their work too.

Is this cruise over? or is it happening now?

What a great experience. I am sending this post live from school in an IT lesson so I had better go, lol :smile:
from,
Paul :excited: :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
Lol, shows you how 'connected' the Muppet news community is. Sorry to say this, but gosh darn...either JHC doesnt like to give out news to such things, or people really dont have 'little birds' of information.
Depends how long it was arranged, but really it wasn't upto Henson to say anything. The cruise company just booked the Muppeteers for a private appearance for their passengers. It wasn't a promotional event so there would be no point in their PR people making a big deal about it, the blame is more on the cruise operators/organisers for not publicising the event, but then sometimes these things are reserve booked a year in advance without full knowledge of the guest line-up so maybe they had no need to either. If anything you can blame Henson for not filling the fans in anyway, just so they knew, but then again they're running a TV company and not a picnic !

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
The other reason we didnt know about this event is possibly because it could have been an exclusive event for important people. It wouldnt be cheap at over $1000 I think I saw the cost of it so they probably didnt bother to advertise, they may have assumed the general public couldnt afford it and only make it available to rich people.

If I had money to go on that cruise I would, I would also have to be in the right place too.

It would be so great to go on that!

:smile: :excited:

Luke

Reaction score
Nah, that's pretty cheap for a cruise from the UK, people go on them all the time and these kind of event things are very popular - anyone would have been able to go. Maybe it even was advertised but only in brochures for this kind of thing - the chances of some of us in the MC community by chance seeing a UK cruise brochure was pretty slim.