1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by BigBirdABCDEFGH, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Yeah, can't believe I made the same basic mistake twice in one post (referring to episodes 1079 and 1082 with "19" as the first two digits).

I've been thinking about that group shot of characters introduced in season 12 (Elmo, Telly, Dr. Nobel Price, Countess and her dog, Honkers, Warren Wolf, Deena and Pearl), and I've been thinking that'd be a good picture to include in either the inside cover images, booklet, or menus (or maybe on the back packaging, but only if all those characters actually appear in the DVDs themselves... The booklet and menus on the other sets did include pictures of characters not on those sets but those aren't outside packaging images).

Has there been any official confirmation on whether this set will have two or three discs? I'd expect three, but you never know. Three-disc sets don't seem as common as they used to be.
  2. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Hi again,
    Okay, so I checked out the Sesame Street episodes for Old School vol. 3 on Muppet Wiki and, it gave a list of all the stuff that's in each episode. Does anyone know if the entries there are thorough? :smirk:
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Do you mean the episodes and their segments themselves or what's going to be on the DVD?
  4. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I guess I meant the segments on each episode included on the DVD set. :smirk:
  5. Oscarfan

Well, the guides on MW are from the Noggin airings, so the only thing that's off about them is the segments cut from Noggin's airings; the episodes should be uncut on this DVD.
  6. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Yeah! Like the Old School Vols. 1 and 2 DVD sets.
  7. minor muppetz

The only thing I would expect to be cut would be a rendition of "Happy Birthday" from the Puerto Rico trip, but somebody a few posts back said it shouldn't be a problem because it's not sung in english.

And there have been scenes cut that have been a mystery as to why. I can't figure out why "Dialing for Prizes" was cut from episode 666, or why Big Bird and Crystal playing store was cut from episode 536 (I assumed it was because of the kid, but then she also appeared in other scenes in that same episode and they weren't cut).
  8. Oscarfan

I think the Dialing for Prizes segment was cut because of the celebrity pictures on Guy's wall; maybe they had to pay for their likenesses.
  9. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I would have figured it was for the actual film footage used, unless that is public domain. I never thought of the celebrity pictures being an issue.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It was cheaper than blurring them out?
  11. Oscarfan

I thought that was just stock footage that was public domain.
  12. minor muppetz

I thought I read that it was from a traffic film that appeared on the show (one that actually appeared in episode 131 without being removed from the DVD).
  13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Hmmm... there wouldn't happen to be somewhere on line that would have the non-Noggin version episode listings would there? :smirk:
  14. minor muppetz

Not until November 6 (unless somebody here or at toughpigs happens to get a copy early).
  15. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I think I'll wait for the Tough Pigs this time around. :smirk:
  16. Oscarfan

...but, all the nice bonus features!
  17. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I want those too. :smirk:
  18. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Man, you Sesame Street fans are lucky! Hardly ANY Barney content from before 1999 (And for the most part, 2002) is even on DVD. Meanwhile, you guys get whole sets of classic material... :(
  19. Oscarfan

Well, let's look at it like this: Sesame Street's been on much longer and has a much larger fan base. There's a lot more nostalgic content to be mined from it.

There's just a bigger market for classic Sesame than classic Barney.
  20. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Naturally - I understand that.

But I don't understand why they can't release older videos as regular Barney DVDs. I'm not asking for season sets or anything, I just don't want to have to rely on VHS tapes so much.

And just for the record, next year is Barney's 25th year in buisness - That's not to be ignored. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.