Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunebasher

Reaction score
Do any of the Old School releases feature the "sand drawing" animations with the hoedown music?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do any of the Old School releases feature the "sand drawing" animations with the hoedown music?
Episode 666 on volume 2 has the E segment, and when looking at the Muppet Wiki pages for the episodes on volume 3 I saw that the D segment is in one of the episodes (can't remember which one).

SesameFever

Reaction score
Comments about Sesame Street Old School 3

One It seems pointless to me to only release one episode of a 5 part series (Echo Rock) make a set for all 5 episodes??????
Also what year did the Adults see Snuffy for the first time? I want that on DVD.
Any idea if any of these episodes have Alpahabet Chat or Mysterious Theater???
Any chance of an Old School Volume 3 Music CD release???

Drtooth

Reaction score
One It seems pointless to me to only release one episode of a 5 part series (Echo Rock) make a set for all 5 episodes??????
Also what year did the Adults see Snuffy for the first time? I want that on DVD.
The Old School volumes have traditionally been the season premieres of every season. It's supposed to be a taste sampling of the show year by year, even though it would have been something to have key episodes from each season. I'd guess that it's just more logistical and less time consuming (after all, there are over 4000 episodes) to just grab those instead of sorting through all those episodes.

As for Snuffy... that would happen if there's a volume 4. It's one year after the cut off date.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Comments about Sesame Street Old School 3

There are actually three shows on here that are from a 5 episode series (Puerto Rico, Big Big Goes to School, and Echo Rock.)

Snuffy was seen by the adults in 1985 (so if there's an Old School Vol. 4, expect it there), no idea on Alphabet Chat, and Mysterious Theater didn't debut until 1989.

Frodis

Reaction score
The banjo song is called "Cripple Creek". Buffy actually performed a version of the song on an episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There are actually three shows on here that are from a 5 episode series (Puerto Rico, Big Big Goes to School, and Echo Rock.)
I had no idea the school episode was the start of a five-parter. It is interesting that Noggin didn't seem to think it was important enough to include the entire week.

Alphabet Chat doesn't appear in any of those episodes (unless Noggin cut it out), but I believe the segment was around during this time period, so maybe we'll get one as a bonus clip (I'm hoping for one of the earliest ones, where we see the set crew). As had been mentioned, Mysterious Theater came at least five years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.