Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesame Skates

Reaction score
Wow! The variety in this box set is way better than I expected! I think I'll put it on my Xmas wish list after all. :big_grin:

I only wish I could delete my previous post. I feel like I kicked over a hornets' nest.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow! The variety in this box set is way better than I expected! I think I'll put it on my Xmas wish list after all. :big_grin:

I only wish I could delete my previous post. I feel like I kicked over a hornets' nest.
Well I agree about the repetitiveness of the previous discs (seriously, the doll sketch? Again?! Lol) but it's cool that they'll be doing more behind the scenes stuff this time. :wisdom:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While I'm thrilled to hear that a third set is on the way (and pleased with so many extra features), I noticed that there's no mention of any "classic cuts" that were on the other sets. Will there be any on this set? :skeptical:
The features list did mention "extra clips", as well as mentioning inclusion of the "Goodbye, Mr. Hooper" clip.

When the first two were announced the press releases mentioned a number of bonus clips included (even if the first one ended up having more than was announced). I would have liked for it to have mentioned a few more of the bonus clips included, or at least some of the celebrity guests (to give us a clue as to what'll be included).

I feel a little mixed about the inclusion of How to Be a Grouch. The book is from the late-1970s as opposed to 1979-1984, though I didn't grow up with this book (I did read it as part of The Sesame Street Treasury from 2009). It's interesting that this feature has a"sneak peek" of Caroll as Oscar... I wonder what that means. The set already has behind-the-scenes footage. I wonder if it's a sneak peek for an upcoming season or Caroll recording Oscar's dialogue for the animated storybook.

Having animated storybooks as bonus features seems to be a recent trend for Sesame Street DVDs, and I wasn't exactly expecting this set to have an animated storybook. Some of the bonus animated storybooks had been available as their own DVDs (sold exclusively at Toys R Us) while some were made for the bonus features. I wonder what the chances are of them eventually releasing the animated storybooks from the Golden Book Video or Start to Read series. If volume 4 is released ans has an animated storybook, I'd like for it to be Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum or Ernie's Neighborhood.

I wonder if this weeks "Making Friends" DVD will have a preview for Old School Volume 3.

liss1979

Reaction score
Hmm...there's only one of those episodes I haven't seen yet. Sounds like a good set, but I wish there were more episodes on there that aren't already in circulation on YouTube and torrents

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well I agree about the repetitiveness of the previous discs (seriously, the doll sketch? Again?! Lol) but it's cool that they'll be doing more behind the scenes stuff this time. :wisdom:
Yeah, but again... that's something that can't be helped. After all, it WAS on the original episode and they had no intent to collect any of these on home video because that didn't exist. It's just one of those things that stands up like a sore thumb when they're all together instead of in a sea of over 100 episodes a season.

The features list did mention "extra clips", as well as mentioning inclusion of the "Goodbye, Mr. Hooper" clip.

When the first two were announced the press releases mentioned a number of bonus clips included (even if the first one ended up having more than was announced). I would have liked for it to have mentioned a few more of the bonus clips included, or at least some of the celebrity guests (to give us a clue as to what'll be included).
The special features are amazing and all, but I really hope they continue the classic cuts. I'm sure they will. I just hope they have a decent amount of them.

Hmm...there's only one of those episodes I haven't seen yet. Sounds like a good set, but I wish there were more episodes on there that aren't already in circulation on YouTube and torrents

Cough cough... support the series legally cough cough.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Love the cover art for the new volume... is that the top of Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy I see in the background photo?

You recogn there was a LOT of negociations with Disney to have Kermit appear on the front as well?

liss1979

Reaction score
I do support the series legally. I like the downloads so much, I buy the discs and episodes on Itunes.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Wow! Those sound like awesome bonus features. Now all we need is a list of Classic Cuts that will be on the set (if there are any), and then we'll be complete.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Is that "Big Bird and the Birdwatchers" episode the one with a certain cameo?

Status
Not open for further replies.