Pet Peeves

Any Del

Reaction score
Thread bump
I have to say this: When you are trying to eat your food in peace and people always asking you for some of it. It's like it's fine for once but not EVERY time I have food especially if I'm very hungry I do not want to share nothing with anyone. Yet they guilt shame you into giving. Tired of this ****.... :rolleyes: I'm not obligated to share anything with anybody but they think they're entitled to your food.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Did anyone mention people who like their own social media posts?

Also people who poop on other people who are just trying to be happy and find a reason to smile. This is especially obvious during the Christmas season. I'm sure you know what I mean! I always say that the only thing I hate about the holiday season is people complaining about the holiday season. But it's also true the rest of the year. A couple of people on Twitter were talking about how it's almost Halloween and it's their favorite holiday, and of course people had to pipe up with, "why are people talking about Halloween?" It's not like we're setting up haunted houses in our backyards or anything! And even if we were, who's it hurting?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, the closest you have here is people who reply to their own posts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll agree, when it comes to holidays, as much as I love them, there is such a thing as overkill, and that goes for people who start decorating too earlier - like decorating for Halloween and/or Thanksgiving in the middle of August, or decorating for Christmas immediately the day after Thanksgiving.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Part of the overkill is due to the retail industry. No sooner is Black Friday over, the Christmas trees and lights are up, gotta get the space ready for Santa’s workshop, all that deal.

Even at Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, the last float is Santy Claus.
The turkey is still in the oven and we’re barreling down on Christmas.
At least some Christians keep their trees and mangers up through Epiphany (January 5). Others take Christmas down the day after.

I prefer to keep Christmas up a little longer. January is a long, cold, dark month.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hobby Lobby is actually one of the worst offenders when it comes to holiday retail: I've seen them already have Halloween and Thanksgiving merchandise in store before Memorial Day.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I went to a Hobby Lobby last week, and I’m surprised I didn’t see 4th of July stuff set up for next 4th of July.

Sorry if that’s a bit particular. It’s the most recent holiday that happened before my trip.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Thread bump
I have to say this: When you are trying to eat your food in peace and people always asking you for some of it. It's like it's fine for once but not EVERY time I have food especially if I'm very hungry I do not want to share nothing with anyone. Yet they guilt shame you into giving. Tired of this ****.... :rolleyes: I'm not obligated to share anything with anybody but they think they're entitled to your food.
If I know them well and they ask politely, I’ll oblige. If I just met you that’s another story. But yeah I feel that completely.