Palisades Series 8 Revealed!

What do you think of Palisades Series 8?

• It's awesome! I will get them all.

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • It's great. I will buy most of series 8, but not all.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 8.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drtooth

Reaction score
jtatooine said:
Yeah you are right, I messed up.

I watched it again today, and Scooter is his Muppet Babies self, but a lot of the other Muppets show up as adults. (Pigs in Space, etc..)

Pigs in Space and Kermit PI were actually seperate shows (on Muppet Babies and Monsters) in case you want to know...

>>I don't think it matters that it's not "movie" accuret. It's just a very small role in the movie Palisades is making a figure out off it years later because it fits Scooters character. It's not promoting the movie coming back to theaters, it's basically a fan nugget action figure. But it's not too out of the blue because it fit Scooters personality, yes Scooter was even selling Gonzo t-shirts in MFS. So it's not really an Usher but that he's always selling something. Ya gotta kind of think as this Usher scooter as a combo of the scenes Scooter has done as either an Usher/popcorn boy in the movies, Not a two min part in TMTM. It's memorable to the character personality and too fans.
<<

I understand the point. I was saying it's weak as in a lot of people didn't want another Scooter. I love the idea, but a Popcornmaker as a sole accessory is kinda a bummer... besides, the props don't have to work with just one figure... If you'll notice, Fozzie's nose and glasses fit perfectly on Animal for a make shift GMC figure.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I understand the point. I was saying it's weak as in a lot of people didn't want another Scooter. I love the idea, but a Popcornmaker as a sole accessory is kinda a bummer... besides, the props don't have to work with just one figure... If you'll notice, Fozzie's nose and glasses fit perfectly on Animal for a make shift GMC figure.
Yes all the props can work with any figure, some better then others and some not at all, but i have many mixed and matched props. The popcorn maker will go great with the Chef or you could even have Animal attacking it, it could even work well with Vadville Statler and Waldorf! like they are at a carnaval or something. I'm sure Rizzo would fit in sitting on it too!
:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But I wish he'd instead come with 3d Glasses and a tray of Popcorn... even though the tray was in GMC...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Usher Scooter is being tweaked so he might get a Gonzo-type change to the likeness. :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I love the idea, but a Popcornmaker as a sole accessory is kinda a bummer...
It's not just an accessory - it's a set piece. The thing will be massive and look fantastic. I would like to see the 3D glasses slipped in there too though. It's a shame that Ken can't nix a minor accessory from one of the other figures (Phil's egg nog ?) and do the glasses. I think it would appease a lot of people and sell more figures.

jediX

Reaction score
This may have been posted previously, but I believe the eggnog is from the MT segment when Dr. Phil gets drunk at the holiday party.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
After all this time the pole is at 69%. Not bad. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Luke said:
It's not just an accessory - it's a set piece. The thing will be massive and look fantastic. I would like to see the 3D glasses slipped in there too though. It's a shame that Ken can't nix a minor accessory from one of the other figures (Phil's egg nog ?) and do the glasses. I think it would appease a lot of people and sell more figures.
The eggnog has to stay! I mean, A drunk Phil figure? We need it!

Luke

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
The eggnog has to stay! I mean, A drunk Phil figure? We need it!
Well something would have to go - 3D glasses don't pay for themselves y'know ! :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I doubt dropping anything would be an option, anyway... the machine may cost too much to produce as it is... something m,ay be dropped even if they dopn't consider glasses...