Palisades New Series 10 Lineup

What series 10 figures are you looking forward to most?

• Scoutmaster Kermit and Blue Frog Scout

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Pirate Gonzo and Rizzo

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Uncle Deadly, Muppet Ghost, Muppet Skull

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Sal, Robin, Penguin

Votes: 24 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I voted for Sal, because his packin's are awesome...but so are they all. I think Series 10 is going to be the best series in a while! There's so many strong characters in there that I'm wanting SOOO badly!!

Telly

Reaction score
Let's just hope the line continues after series 10.
I don't like the sound of that? Is the line not doing so well? What would make you say something like this? :sympathy:

jediX

Reaction score
Here are 2 of the main theories floating around...

1) Possibility of Disney cancelling the line
2) Lots of unsold figures becoming peg-warmers

I really have no idea how likely either are at being cancelling factors, but the second one probably would most likely be the end of the series (excluding Palisades themselves ending it) if you know what I mean. It's not like there is a shortage of characters to make figures of, but if the line goes to lots of recostumes and obscurities, the popularity of the line will inevitably drop to the die-hard fans. After all, what casual figure buyer is going to purchase a figure of Fozzie/Kermit's father from GMC? I don't have any sales figures regarding these figures, just observations of many stores selling a couple sets and then no more until they get marked down, and a sad amount of locations (at least in my area) are overstocking and ultimately not selling anything... :frown:

I don't think anyone wants this line to end, which would be a strong opposition to #1. Then again, there was a strong opposition to the Disney deal...like that did any good.:zany:

There are people with more 'inside info' on this, I'm sure, so perhaps they can offer some insight.

Oh, and I feel that this series will probably sell a bit better than some of the series', especially 4 (then again, every series has made the previous series look extremely outdated, which is a great thing considering it took 6 years for Hasbro to catch onto the idea of expanded articulation). "I have to admit its getting better, getting better all the time..."

Gonzo

Reaction score
Disney has not, is not, and will not be cancelling the line.

If anything ends this line prematurely, it will be sales. Or the lack thereof. If as many people bought the toys as said they would, then we'd be seeing more characters like Bean Bunny and Sweater Vest Gonzo and more obscures...because people don't back up their words with their wallets, we're going to see more distance between series, more figures that are slight resculpts (which I'm fine with) and possibly the line ending before Series 14, which is when the license would have expired.

So for those who have been buying them, thanks. I want to see my Bean Bunny!

:halo:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well said Quinn. Sales is the bottom line especially with both major retailers like Target and Toys R Us (most likely) out of the picture. Everyone needs to step up and continue to support the line. It's up to the on-line retailers, the few brick stores left and the fans. It will be an amazing holiday season with series 10, the backstage playset and Electric Mayhem PVC's all arriving for Christmas.

If I remember correctly Palisades is including a pack-in figure with every figure as of series 9, but the retail price is also going up to $12.99. How well this strategy works in terms of sales will likely have a direct affect on what's in store for 2005.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree. As far as Muppets are concerned, I've always said that if Palisades is making it, I'm buying it!! I understand that folks don't have enough money to buy every figure (heck, I have to do without food sometimes), but those same folks saying, "I'm not getting so-and-so figure" are the same one's worrying about the line ending. I've not bought the hard to find figures, and I don't have every repaint or exclusive, but I've got every regular figure and whatever after that I can get my hands on, and I like to think I'm supporting the line by doing that and by telling folks about it.

I'm friends with folks in a Star Wars fan club here in town that I shared all about Pigs In Space with, and they've bought the 3 characters (and obviously the playset). Not all of them did, but some.

That's what it takes to keep a line going strong, word of mouth and sales.

Cause, if you ain't buying, they ain't makin'.

mikealan

Reaction score
So what items will Uncle Deadly, Sal, Robin, Pirate Gonzo and Rizzo, and Scoutmaster Kermit have?

And by the way, here are more figures we'd like to see in 2005:

Bean Bunny
Sweater Vest Gonzo
Muppets Tonight Gonzo & Rizzo
Veterinarian's Hospital characters like Dr. Bob, Nurse Janice, & Nurse Piggy with the Vet's Hospital playset (Too bad they cancelled it in first quarter of 2004! :frown: )
Muppet Show Theater with Thog
Mahna Mahna & the Two Snowths
All of the Muppet Babies characters like Baby Kermit & Baby Piggy
Classic Miss Piggy with Foo-Foo
Fozzie's Mom, Emily Bear
Fozzie as the Grinch from It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002) as an holiday exclusive (not sure it'd be an holiday exclusive of 2004)
Bobo the Bear
Bobo the Bear as Rentro
Bobo the Bear as Muppets Tonight Guard
Andy & Randy Pig
All of the Muppet Treasure Island characters (except Captain Smollet, Sam Arrow, Ghost of Sam Arrow, & Pirate Gonzo & Rizzo)
All of the Muppet Christmas Carol characters
Annie Sue Pig
George the Janitor
Mildred
All of the Muppet monsters (Boppity, Gloat, Beautiful Day, and many more)
Inspector Link from Bear In Patrol with Bear In Patrol playset
Koozebanian playset with Sesame Street News Reporter Kermit (maybe)
Pepe in Tutu, as seen on Muppets From Space (maybe this should be the main action figure for the later series!)
Digit
Chip the Gorilla TV Technican

and so many other Muppets...

Irving Bizarre

Reaction score
I'm happy with al the choices for S10. Just been snapping up some of the older exclusives and repaints and will basically continue in that vein and also try to buy some of the older figures for customising purposes. The minis i like but would rather see some of the characters done so far in the regular action figure scale, mahna Mahna and snowths for example.

But whatever comes I'll buy and encourage other people to buy too, or try my hardest. It would be cruel fate if the line got cancelled due to consumer apathy.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
can't wait for series 10 and love al the choices, but I'm most excited about the buddy pack of sal, robin and penguins!

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Actually, sales aren't the big issue at this point. Sales were the big issue 6 months ago.

Low sales helped push them off the pegs at Target. It also hurts them at TRU. Now they've been pushed out of those two retailers, the big problem becomes no retailers carrying the line. How good can sales be with only on-line business carrying them? Even if sales increase and they fly off the pegs at Media Play, they will only buy so many, and convincing Target and TRU to come back on board is a tough sell.

This line has to compete with all the other Palisades lines - Ren and Stimpy, FOP, AOD, PP etc - and all the other small companies like NECA, Mezco, Art Asylum, etc. etc. etc. for exactly the same extremely limited peg space now. The retailer crunch that started at the end of last year is going to be a line killer, and even company killer, this year for many lines and companies.

Palisades on-line store is a smart move, but only time will tell if they can do what Sideshow did and make the jump to selling their own stuff successfully.

Michael
MWC