Now what's going on with YouTube?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Did you check to make sure that

1. The volume on the video player itself is on
2. The volume on your computer is on
3. Maybe it's just that one video with problems
4. Java killed my sound when I had multiple versions installed...uninstall old versions if you are getting no sound from your computer at all

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you watching fan-made/generated content? Often times, if the video uses a copyright song that is not cleared by a holder (usually Warner Music Group - WMG), then the sound will be disabled from the video due to copyright infringement,

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
annotations aren't loading. I keep getting a loading circle indicating they are trying to load, but they won't. They haven't been since Chrome's recent update.

Nor has any of MC's popups when you hover over something for that matter :/

Funny how google breaks their own websites with weird updates to their browser

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I usually turn off annotations anyway, but in all honesty, YT's LOADED with problems right now:

1. The homepage is still broken again
2. Video loading is still lagging
3. The big ad on the homepage keeps reappearing on occasion despite being closed.
4. New messages still show as unread even after you've read them.
5. Half of the settings in user settings seem to have just disappeared.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Loading has been good for me so far. On occasion I get a video that seems to not want to load.

Sometimes I wonder if it's certain internet providers throttling youtube at certain times, making it seem like a widespread problem. Last time it was slowing down to barely functional, it seemed to be only AT&T users. It also happened around the billing period, and youtube always goes slow around our billing period, just never THAT slow.

Drtooth

Reaction score
3. The big ad on the homepage keeps reappearing on occasion despite being closed.

I am SOOOO sick of video lagging. And God help you if there's no different quality and you're stuck waiting for a 5 minute video to load in 20 minutes. If it's some anti-piracy crap, they sure suck at it. If it's an unintended glitch, they've been taking their sweet time fixing it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's the thing about YT and their glitches: they always take their sweet, ever-lovin' time to fix 'em.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I usually turn off annotations anyway, but in all honesty, YT's LOADED with problems right now:

6. Search results repeat themselves page after page.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's the thing about YT and their glitches: they always take their sweet, ever-lovin' time to fix 'em.
I can't believe you dropped the F bomb as a comment. That's what I do. Away from the board, I swear like a sailor who stepped on a nail barefoot.

6. Search results repeat themselves page after page.
Oh my, have I had that problem. Usually when I'm looking up something obscure, and I'm on the last page. One time I was on the 30th page of results for Sesame Street or Muppets or something, and I kept getting the same page the last 5 pages I bothered with.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe you dropped the F bomb as a comment. That's what I do. Away from the board, I swear like a sailor who stepped on a nail barefoot.
You should have seen the blurb I had on my actual channel description before YT forced me to publicize my channel (my content was public, just my channel profile was private), otherwise they would delete all of my videos and comments for not doing so.

But that just shows you how constantly frustrated I get with YT... I can actually quote another YouTuber who said it best waaaaay back when the Beta Channels were first being introduced (and I hated the Beta Channels like everyone else, but compared to the current channel designs now, I'll take the previous Beta design over the current any day) when he said in a video protest, "I have NEVER come across an entity that LOVES to bite the hand that feeds it more than YouTube". Truer words were never spoken. I was even half-tempted to do my own video backlash regarding the new design like you did with Mr. H saying the new design, "IS HORRRRRRIBLE! (do do-do do-do-do do do-do)".

Because I mean, seriously, how often does YT redesign or reformat part, or all of the site for the better? When's the last time they came out with some new or different that was met with positive feedback? The ONLY useful feature I can remember them giving us was the pop-out video player, and they took that away within a few months.