Next season, please!

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
I want some info on the new season...

specifically, the celebrity appearances.

I know that Laura Bush, Sheryl Crow and Natalie Portman will be on the show this season...

Does anybody know who else will be making their way down the Street?

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
season 34

Hays: Only 26 new episodes were taped this year. This might mean more frustration for you, or maybe PBS will mix up older episodes with the shorter run. This remains to be seen.

Phil: Sesame finished taping season 34 in mid-December. A new block of Elmo's World segments commences taping in April.

In reply to FOZ's question, "I think I read somewhere that SS is getting a face-lift next season. Isn't that right?":

Season 34 changes include a revamped Journey To Ernie, with more focus on problem-solving and clues. Each segment is self contained, the insert material is gone, and the Two-Headed Monster appears each day.

A new segment, Global Grover, will debut, with Grover introducing clips from Sesame Workshop's international co-productions.

The self-contained street segment has been moved to the start of each episode; more effort has gone into making new clips to support the Letter of the Day and the Number of the Day; and the Spanish Word of the Day has been modified slightly.

And John: Wayne Brady also taped an appearance.

secret squirrel

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Global Grover sounds great, but about JTE... the inserts are the only worthwhile part of that segment!

Bah.

Hays

Reaction score
Ouch!

I agree wholeheartedly about the JTE revamp - I didn't MIND the segments, as long as they included the clips. I hope fervently that they didn't archive all the non-letter and number clips!

Anyway, thank you SO much for the info!

So anybody know when the first new episode will air? Will they have a media blitz on the Today show like last year?

scarecroe

Reaction score
I thought secret squirrel said in another thread that the JTE segments would end with a Bert and Ernie sketch.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Scott is correct. Journey To Ernie will continue to lead into a Bert and Ernie sketch. Eric and Steve have recorded a number of new bits to add to the mix.

I should have clarified. The inserts being cut are the non-Muppet inserts shown when Big Bird chooses an incorrect box.

secret squirrel

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Well I can only hope they are taping some more cartoon scenes... the moon, the polar icecap, and the disco can only entertain a person for so long.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Perhaps you are forgetting the supermarket, with Fran Brill as the PA announcer. But yes, new locations have been created. Matt Vogel was also much more comfortable with the segments. I think you'll agree that JTE is much improved this year.

Hays

Reaction score
I think Matt Vogel does a terrific job as Big Bird! The voice is so close it doesn't bother me - and more importantly, I think he's got the essence of the character down.

Though, while I'm passing out accolades, I really want to thank Eric Jacobson for his renditions of Frank Oz characters. He's FANTASTIC.

Taking over a puppet from somebody has got to be one of the toughest jobs there is.

Hays

Reaction score
Where, Oh, Where has My Sesame Street gone?

Now I'm just afraid I'm going to miss the new season; we just can't bring ourselves to watch re-runs anymore. Any idea when it's coming, anyone?