Next Muppet Movie

unclematt

Reaction score
I think if Fraggle Rock does well in the box office you will see a rush to the big screen with the muppets.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I think if Fraggle Rock does well in the box office you will see a rush to the big screen with the muppets.
very well could be. but on a personal note I'd rather them not rush anything when it comes to the muppets.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Here's a good thought, we have so many talented writers on this board, why don't we write a script? I mean, we have so many on this board, just submit some to the Henson company or the Disney creative team, and see if we can't come up with a funny, original script for a movie that the Muppets can do. I mean, originality would be the key to this new movie. We should get started, what's Disney's address again? Somebody use Eisner as a battering ram.

Daniel

SurfPark

Reaction score
Don't write anything. They don't take scripts from fans because of the legal issues involved with that. We submit a script, they use it, then we could go around and sue them. Disney is all about proprietary everything. They'll create an entire wing of writers before they'd ever outsource talent.

Marky

Reaction score
SurfPark said:
Don't write anything. They don't take scripts from fans because of the legal issues involved with that. We submit a script, they use it, then we could go around and sue them. Disney is all about proprietary everything. They'll create an entire wing of writers before they'd ever outsource talent.
Not to mention encroaching on the SWG - big time!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Here's a good thought, we have so many talented writers on this board, why don't we write a script? I mean, we have so many on this board, just submit some to the Henson company or the Disney creative team, and see if we can't come up with a funny, original script for a movie that the Muppets can do. I mean, originality would be the key to this new movie. We should get started, what's Disney's address again? Somebody use Eisner as a battering ram.

Daniel
We did write a script that we were planning on submitting to the Henson Company (Disney didn't own them yet), but I think it was around the time Disney bought them that we decided they would probably never use it, even if they did like it, pretty much for the same reasons already mentioned.

You can read that script in it's entirety here: The Muppets Vs. Las Vegas

beaker

Reaction score
I was writing a script treatment for the ultimate new theatrical Muppet film, until JHC sold em' to Disney.

It'd begin in San Francisco, with the Muppets all working at some new startup dot com telecommunications company. Penguins, chickens amok, total classic Muppet mayhem for the first 7 or 8 minutes...except inside of a laid back, fun filled technology firm.(Beaker trying to help people with textsupport, and his head exploding from too many calls, Pepe trying to hit on females calling in for text support, Rizzo ordering pizza, just total crazyness.

But then, an evil corporate CEO, say...played by someone like Christopher Walken would shut em down. The main villain would be surrounded by Skeksis/creature shop like creatures, in the top of a corporate highrise...where the top floor is like this swampy dark crystal like netherworld.

Kermit, whose doing some deep life/soul searching/meditation away from everything in the swamp, gets a letter that his Muppet friends are in dire danger. So he literally crosses the four corners of the globe to gather all the Muppets...youd see brief scenes of him walking through deserts, snow storms, etc. He'd be in tokyo, Germany, the UK, Africa, middle east, etc trying to gather up old and new Muppets, even obscure ones.

Then theyd all face down the main villian, ala the final act of Roger Rabbit.

That's about as far as I got, but I think it's about as good as any idea the Muppet writers could mull around. **** have Spike Jonze direct it, have some whacked out unexpected cameos and really offbeat humor, and it'd be a hit with the hip kids.

beaker

Reaction score
SurfPark said:
Even tho the funny thing, it's usually the fans of franchises that KNOW the characters and new ideas better.

*some* franchises are starting to take more cues from fans. Even if they dont admit it, you KNOW Revenge of the Sith was one big fanboy thank you.

Marky

Reaction score
beaker said:
Even if they dont admit it, you KNOW Revenge of the Sith was one big fanboy thank you.
Okay, now I'm interested. Please explain.