1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Next Muppet Movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by OverUnderAround, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Telly

Telly Active Member

I was 20! I went to it by myself on opening day. I think I walked to the theater cuz it was a nice day. Back then the Muppets were a guilty pleasure of mine. I was in the "They're too kidish for me." stage! Now one of the first things people know about me is my love for the Muppets.
    As for the movie. I didn't dig it at first. I liked it, but it was missing something. I missed the original songs. I missed Camilla. I had NO idea who Pepe was cuz I didn't remember much about Muppets Tonight. At the time I liked it better than Treasure Island and Christmas Carol just cuz they were playing themselves. I missed that. NOW-A-DAYS I love it! I appreciate it a lot more. I think they appeal to more the "college aged" kids instead of the littler ones just for nostalgia. I've gotten the majority of my friends into the Muppets.
  2. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

How could you not be into the Muppets
  3. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

hey telly yes that is true i agree with you about the fact that they where trying to appel to the college age kids for mfs.
    i loved it the frist time that i saw and and more and more each time that do see it .
    i am so glad that you love the muppets as much as me :)
  4. muppet baby

Yes unclematt i really agree with that also , so true on that

THE MUPPETS ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Muppet Baby I have a feeling that we are made for each other
  6. True, but that was before the character's voice had solidified; they were performing in different octaves. Jacobson's Piggy voice is much closer to Oz's.
  7. muppet baby

I agree on that also uncematt We are for sure made for each other

Muppet Baby
    (Michelle )
    :)
  8. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Going back to who should direct the next Muppet movie... I would think Bill would be a good choice. I liked Kirk's work on VMC and MOZ but very much of it seemed scattershot and jumbled. I'd really like to see what Bill can do behind the camera.

Also, SarahOnBway, I totally agree with you about Eric. But concerning John and Bill... they haven't had nearly as much experience with other characters as Eric has had with Frank's. I think that after a while they'll be just as good as he is with other characters.
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, John and bill might have been doing thoes characters for a long time now. Just not in the public or in on in specials.

But I agree that they should let bill step up and direct the nexy movie.
  10. muppet baby

Yes Bill sould step up that would be great let's hope that he will step up :)
  11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I do have gret confidence in Bill
  12. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I'm sooo lucky have NOT gone though that stage... EVER! with Disney & Muppets and im 21... i'll be 22 on Feb 24... so a few days :smirk:
  13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

i really din't go through the muppet are to kidish i just was upset they kept doing the muppets when Jim had dide i was still young then but thought they should have let them be. Now im older and see that to let the muppets die when Jim did was wrong of me.
  14. Speed Tracer

Even though I'm sixteen, I sometimes feel like I'm getting too old, and all I have to do is watch The Muppet Movie again, and... poof. I'm a kid again.
  15. muppet baby

That is so true for me to speed tracer and i am 26 i feel that way about great muppet caper .
    that was my faverite muppet movie when i was a little kid .
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I have never looked donw at the Muppets as childish fare. And I have never stopped watching Sesame Street at any point in my life, either, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
  17. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I never went through that stage either. I just wanted something that I loved that I couyld claim as my own and I found the Muppets and then I found all of you.
  18. Speed Tracer

Group hug?
  19. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Big Group Hug
  20. Speed Tracer

Everyone join in!