Next Muppet Movie

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think that somebody thought of the beginning of Darth Vader before Lucas ever did. You know that they probably wrote that after the first movie or before Episode 1, for a really good prequel on how it happened. Has anybody thought of a Muppet Babies movie yet? That'll be cool as heck.

Daniel

unclematt

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
I think that somebody thought of the beginning of Darth Vader before Lucas ever did. You know that they probably wrote that after the first movie or before Episode 1, for a really good prequel on how it happened. Has anybody thought of a Muppet Babies movie yet? That'll be cool as heck.

Daniel
If they were to ever consider making a Muppet Babies Movie I would hope it was not animated and that they used the puppet versions.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
beaker said:
I was writing a script treatment for the ultimate new theatrical Muppet film, until JHC sold em' to Disney.

It'd begin in San Francisco, with the Muppets all working at some new startup dot com telecommunications company. Penguins, chickens amok, total classic Muppet mayhem for the first 7 or 8 minutes...except inside of a laid back, fun filled technology firm.(Beaker trying to help people with textsupport, and his head exploding from too many calls, Pepe trying to hit on females calling in for text support, Rizzo ordering pizza, just total crazyness.

But then, an evil corporate CEO, say...played by someone like Christopher Walken would shut em down. The main villain would be surrounded by Skeksis/creature shop like creatures, in the top of a corporate highrise...where the top floor is like this swampy dark crystal like netherworld.

Kermit, whose doing some deep life/soul searching/meditation away from everything in the swamp, gets a letter that his Muppet friends are in dire danger. So he literally crosses the four corners of the globe to gather all the Muppets...youd see brief scenes of him walking through deserts, snow storms, etc. He'd be in tokyo, Germany, the UK, Africa, middle east, etc trying to gather up old and new Muppets, even obscure ones.

Then theyd all face down the main villian, ala the final act of Roger Rabbit.

That's about as far as I got, but I think it's about as good as any idea the Muppet writers could mull around. **** have Spike Jonze direct it, have some whacked out unexpected cameos and really offbeat humor, and it'd be a hit with the hip kids.
... I would sooooooooooo see that.

unclematt

Reaction score
I think it is a really good start to a script and based on that alone I would see it for sure. I especially like the part about Kermit bring the old and new Muppets together. Very cool.

Teheheman

Reaction score
unclematt said:
If they were to ever consider making a Muppet Babies Movie I would hope it was not animated and that they used the puppet versions.
If they DO make it animated, they better bring back Dave Coulier and Howie Mandell to do the voices.

Daniel

unclematt

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
If they DO make it animated, they better bring back Dave Coulier and Howie Mandell to do the voices.

Daniel
Dave yes. Howie is way to busy

Marky

Reaction score
If they're not going to make another Muppet Movie, show, or tv movie, they're ceeeeeertainly not going to bother bringing back 'Muppet Babies'!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Never say never, never say die, never say don't, never say ever, wait, that last one sounded like a good idea for a country song. Man, Nashville is rubbing off on me :-D

Daniel

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"Never say never, Princeton. There's still one more person we have to hit up!"

... Well, it deffenitely ain't Nashville rubbin' off on me.