Next Muppet Movie

Teheheman

Reaction score
Don't be too sure about that, you see a lot of things that are made out of 70's TV shows, and with the nostalgia phase kicking in, you'll be shocked to see that they might actually make a movie. All they need is a killer script, and for the personalities of the characters to be just like they were when they were in their golden days, then you have a killer movie. I mean, come on, most movies these days suck. They hype the Muppets up, and put them opening against nothing. Then you have a blockbuster hit.

Daniel

Marky

Reaction score
Well, at the rate things have been going...
Maybe they'll wait until after a few more DVD season sets of TMS. I mean they'd have to lick their wounds after MWoO.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
The Movie outline sounds great! Maybe it'll have a bunch of older characters too.

Erine81981

Reaction score
It's Stupid Monkey not robot. It's Seth doing a stupid voice over and he says "Stupid Monkey."

BEAR

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
sounds like a heart felt movie to me haha get it muppets felt? haha nevermind:embarrassed:

HAHA!!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Okay, I think we do need another muppet movie, but here's what we need to make the movie succesful (in my opinion)

1. Original Songs one thing lacking on MFS was Original Songs! I have heard Brick House a million times in almost every movie! I want something new, it shows that they took alot of time to figure out the movie if they made some original songs.
  2. Not Alot of Pop Culture References that was the problem with MWoO, too many pop culture refrences and nothing thought out cleverly, where is the humor that makes you think? Visual humor? We need more of that in muppet movies.
  3. Simplicity The Muppet Movie, GMC, Muppets Take Manhatten were very simple, nothing to complex, nothing rushed, but in MWoO for example, there were too many things going on at once (in my opinion) they rushed too much for you to meet the characters and by the end of the movie, I really didn't get to know the characters.
  4. Originality STOP DOING STORYBOOK MOVIES!! Come'on, give us something new. We know the story of "The Christmas Carol", "Treasure Island", "It's A Wonderful Life", and "Wizard of Oz" why do I wanna see a movie telling a story I know whats going to happen in the end?
  5. Knowledge I feel the writers don't know the muppets as well, especially in It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas and MWoO. Stop changing the characters. We need some writers who actually know who the muppets are, and who better to write a movie than the Muppeteers themselves?
  6. Character Choices I like Pepe' don't get me wrong, but I dont want a movie where he is hogging the screen every 5 minutes! It's funny at first, but it gets really annoying, I have never seen any of the muppets competing for screen time until now, and thats how I feel about Pepe' I believe the writers force him into movies too hard.
  7. Make it a family film I almost feel MWoO was a kids film, it was too many pop culture stuff and alot of annoying jokes. I also feel the same for KSY. Make it appeal to everybody, have funny humor, but simple humor.
  8. Magic where is the muppet magic? In KSY, IAVMMCM, MWoO, and MFS I don't see the magic of the muppets, we just lost the whole magic, all of the inspirational yet hillarious lines, we lost the Rainbow Connection, where is the magic in Muppet Movies these days? Where?
I seriously think with these 8 things, a muppet movie would be way way better.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Okay, I think we do need another muppet movie, but here's what we need to make the movie succesful (in my opinion)

1. Original Songs one thing lacking on MFS was Original Songs! I have heard Brick House a million times in almost every movie! I want something new, it shows that they took alot of time to figure out the movie if they made some original songs.
  2. Not Alot of Pop Culture References that was the problem with MWoO, too many pop culture refrences and nothing thought out cleverly, where is the humor that makes you think? Visual humor? We need more of that in muppet movies.
  3. Simplicity The Muppet Movie, GMC, Muppets Take Manhatten were very simple, nothing to complex, nothing rushed, but in MWoO for example, there were too many things going on at once (in my opinion) they rushed too much for you to meet the characters and by the end of the movie, I really didn't get to know the characters.
  4. Originality STOP DOING STORYBOOK MOVIES!! Come'on, give us something new. We know the story of "The Christmas Carol", "Treasure Island", "It's A Wonderful Life", and "Wizard of Oz" why do I wanna see a movie telling a story I know whats going to happen in the end?
  5. Knowledge I feel the writers don't know the muppets as well, especially in It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas and MWoO. Stop changing the characters. We need some writers who actually know who the muppets are, and who better to write a movie than the Muppeteers themselves?
  6. Character Choices I like Pepe' don't get me wrong, but I dont want a movie where he is hogging the screen every 5 minutes! It's funny at first, but it gets really annoying, I have never seen any of the muppets competing for screen time until now, and thats how I feel about Pepe' I believe the writers force him into movies too hard.
  7. Make it a family film I almost feel MWoO was a kids film, it was too many pop culture stuff and alot of annoying jokes. I also feel the same for KSY. Make it appeal to everybody, have funny humor, but simple humor.
  8. Magic where is the muppet magic? In KSY, IAVMMCM, MWoO, and MFS I don't see the magic of the muppets, we just lost the whole magic, all of the inspirational yet hillarious lines, we lost the Rainbow Connection, where is the magic in Muppet Movies these days? Where?
I seriously think with these 8 things, a muppet movie would be way way better.
Exactly!

Very well said Barry