New Who Framed Roger Rabbit DVD with extras!!March 25!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
*sigh*

I just went out and bought the Roger Rabbit DVD. I was so excited, that I opened the thing in the car on the ride home! Me and my dad got home, I raced inside, and sure enough, my mother had already bought the thing. Now we've got two copies of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Of course, my brother went and took my parents copy which means I have to give them mine.

*sigh*

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Still haven't seen it yet. I think either my TV or DVD player is a mess.

The TV will make sounds first, and show the DVD pictures, but there is no sound from the DVD's that I play. None of them.:cry:
(Slips into Lindbergh mode, from JHH)

Hey, Foz, is the first time setting up your DVD player? It sounds like you need to check your audio connections. If the TV is hooked up normally, you'll still hear sounds from the regular TV channels, which seems to be what you're describing. The picture is obviously fine, since you say have the DVD pictures. I'd just check to make sure that the audio cable(s) is/are going into the "IN" rather than the "OUT" on TV (an easy mistake -- I've done it a hundred times myself), and that you're also coming out of the right thing on the back of the DVD player. Sometimes there will be multiple audio ports on the back of the player: "Audio," "Line," "Digital Audio," etc. If one doesn't work, try the next one over. And make sure that the ones in the back of the player are, of course, going "OUT."

Good luck. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

(Lindbergh mode off)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
That's exactly where the pig scene was placed. After Eddie breaks loose from the cuffs, he says he's going to the Ink and Paint Club, not back to his office.
This is old Jamie, so sorry to bring it back, i don't even know if your reading now, but Eddie does say he's going back to his office on the DVD, he's off screen when he says it. i don't know about my old video copy though, i have to watch that. they said they changed it in the comentry just like adding the tolite flush.

also i think someone said they thought that Baby Hermen should be in Benny on the cover of the dvd because there is room for him next to Roger. but the way benny is shaped there really isnt room for him, baby Herman would be outside the cab hanging on for dear life if you got a side angle of it;-) well he's not really a main character in the movie, he's an important character in the movie and to Roger Rabbit in general but he didn't do a lot of running around in the movie, but i see what you mean by adding him in.

Zack) Rowlf the, Random...I know...Dog

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the original version of the film. The one that was changed a week before it hit the theaters.

Eddie orignially said he was going "back to the Ink and Paint Club" instead of "back to the office" because they hadn't removed the Pig Scene yet. I was pointing out where the cut was made.

Unfortunately, we do not hear Eddie say the different line on the DVD because they pick up the shot right after that comment. The original cut aired on the Wonderful World of Disney between 1991 and 1992.:smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh you are reading! LOL! i was just going with what i said before, i wasn't sure with what you ment, i thought you ment on the dvd. Thanks for the clear up

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I guess you might have been reading the post out of context. Easy mistake.

Does anyone know what they changed on the family friendly version?

And is anyone having trouble with captions? My copy is burning French captions for words on screen, but not for the dialogue. It's kind of weird. Think I finally got rid of it and it doesn't happen on my PC. I've tried changing my home DVD subtitle settings through the onscreen menus, but it's alomst like that portion is skipping a groove. I guess it's time to upgrade my player.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
(Slips into Lindbergh mode, from JHH)

Hey, Foz, is the first time setting up your DVD player? It sounds like you need to check your audio connections. If the TV is hooked up normally, you'll still hear sounds from the regular TV channels, which seems to be what you're describing. The picture is obviously fine, since you say have the DVD pictures. I'd just check to make sure that the audio cable(s) is/are going into the "IN" rather than the "OUT" on TV (an easy mistake -- I've done it a hundred times myself), and that you're also coming out of the right thing on the back of the DVD player. Sometimes there will be multiple audio ports on the back of the player: "Audio," "Line," "Digital Audio," etc. If one doesn't work, try the next one over. And make sure that the ones in the back of the player are, of course, going "OUT."

Good luck. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

(Lindbergh mode off)
It was simpler than that, I got mad and smacked the DVD player, and VOILA! Sound!!

:big_grin:

(See? Sometimes violence DOES pay off. Of course, I now have a DVD player that eats my tapes, but don't ask how THAT happens.)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
LAUGH OUT LOUD! so funny, I HAD to type it!!!!!
that'a boy Kevin! Give it the old Fred Flintstone way!

Zack)Rowlf the, i bite my computer when it dosen't work! *ZAP*
..."cough"...Ouch....Dog.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Ah, yes, the Fonzie solution. LOL!!! Now I feel silly for writing all that out for you. I've fixed more than a few pieces of technology that way myself -- though usually only if I banged it with the INTENTION of fixing it. If I banged it out of anger, I usually broke it!

Sigh. So much for my new career as the MC fix-it guy...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks Rowlf! HAA!!

Chilly, no sweat, man! I copied that info down and stuck it near the entertainment center IN CASE smacking it around some doesn't work!

:smile: