1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Video: "Stand By Me"

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Oscarfan, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Can't decide if that's supposed to be an April Fools video or an Easter video.

Great seeing someone besides the same characters... even better seeing a newer rare fan favorite in the spot light.
  3. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

That's very cool.

It starts off somewhat dark but the whole atmosphere is kind of relieved the way the characters Carl eats are depicted as unharmed inside him. I don't want to give away too much spoiler for those who perchance read the thread before watching the link.
  4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I hated it.

April fools!

This was really funny. And it doesn't even have anybody that the average fan would know.

I hope we get some more videos with monster characters... It'd be great to see something with Carl, Luncheon Counter Monster, Uncle Deadley, Gorgon Heap, and some of the frackles.
  5. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

HEEHEEHEE :D

I reckon old Carl may be in for a spot of indigestion ;)
  6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

This is superb! My gosh I love these Muppet people. It seems like every video is excellent in its own amazing way. Who would have ever thought at this time last year that we would see Big Mean Carl starring in his own YouTube video? Not me! Another home run for The Muppets Studio! :D Can't see what they have in store for us next!
  7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well Animal is sure going to have to talk with Carl about eating all the Bunnies! This to me was a classic case of something that would be on a newer Muppet Show! very funny! Loved it! Ate it!
  8. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

That was great! I loves me some Big Mean Carl!

I loved when the bunnies in his stomach started singing. It was just too classic of a Muppet moment.
  9. Mupp

Mupp Member

I really liked this one.

It felt like a classic Muppet Show thing; monsters eating other characters.
  10. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I liked it too, especially Statler and Waldorf's comment. Big Mean Carl was awesome too.

Hey, if Disney keeps this up we could get a new Muppet show. Well, that's just my opinion.

:crazy:
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Could someone send it to me as a MUP3 please? Thanks.
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I recall reading a desire from somebody somewhere (either a tough pigs thread/article or a muppet mindset article) who wanted the Muppets to make appearances like in the 1960s, where people didn't know what to expect from the Muppets... I guess this succeeded a bit.
  13. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

I noticed a small goof! :)

At the point that you see the bunnies in Carl's stomach, there are five there. But at that time he had only eaten four. :eek:
  14. beakerboy12

Cool fact. Also the carrot bat was a nice touch especially when hit the bunnies with it. Seriously it was a good video, well, right next to "Bohemian Rhapsody".
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

One was an early snack. ;)
  16. Mupp

Mupp Member

I found a comment on the youtube page where someone claimed that this video was too grotesque and that the Muppets are not the same nowadays.

Obviously, this individual fails to realize that this video just screams classic Muppets.

As I said before, this is just like on The Muppet Show where there would be acts that had monsters eating other characters all the time.
  17. beakerboy12

Has she even seen the Muppets! Muppets eating other muppets is what they do!:rolleyes:
  18. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Reminds me of the old "I've Got You Under My Skin" number from The Muppet Show, especially because of the still-alive eaten muppets singing from within. Hilarious, classic stuff!

Happy Eat-ster! :rolleyes:
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm tired of both fans and non-fans claiming this. I'd hate for the Muppets to get pasteurized as in some projects before they refocused their talents back to these sorts of YouTube and Muppets.com items. Yes, the Muppets have evolved some, but they are also true to their roots. I have a feeling that even if Frank Oz came back to direct things that some people would still make the same claims. They are the same folk that write letters to Andy Rooney so he can complain about the 0.000001% of an ounce missing in todays tube of toothpaste. There's no pleasing some people. :p One thing's for certain - I'm having a great time! :super:
  20. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Is the bunnys died?

:p