New Muppet Abby Cadabby heads to the Street

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Paula Ray, and welcome to the craziness here at Muppet Central or MC for short.

Let's see...
1 One thing you can do is at least get to know MC, there are a few people here from the land of Down Under, you could talk to them and maybe get together to chat all things Muppet.
2 If you're looking for SS episodes on the net, there's the possibility someone who's taped the so far two episodes with Abby has uploaded them to www.youtube.com, not sure since I don't go there myself.
3 If you're looking to get the episodes, you might want to talk with a few of the tape-traders here, in particular Boober_Gorg and/or Justin Faulknor.
4 You could also try to get some vintage episodes that explore female characters throughout the years.
If you need a source to get a list of female Muppet characters from Sesame Street, I suggest you go to the Classic Muppets section and look for my "Muppet Listings 15.0" thread and just browse quickly finding all the entries with an "SS" designation. Currently working on Version 16, two years in the works.

Hope this is enough to get you started, have fun exploring the rest of the site and have a great day.

PaulaRae

Reaction score
Dear Bear and The Count,

Thankyou!! What wonderful help - both of you. The newsletter archive is great material, Bear, and I will check out youtube and classic muppets threads, Count. You're both so kind.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome. And if this is of any help to your overall topic... The one song/sketch in particular I'd recommend you get is the sketch for the song "Women Can Be" which has eight different female Muppets, including Betty Lou.
Have a good day.

PaulaRae

Reaction score
Thankyou The Count, I will try to find 'Women Can Be' - sounds perfect. I've tried to find your Muppet Listing 15.0 thread in the Classic Muppets section, and am having no luck. I've looked through all 3 pages of thread listings 4 times (just to make sure) and can't see it there.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sigh... It's gone that far down huh?
Well... Just click on the link with my avatar, that'll take you to my user profile. Once there, click on the link "Find all threads started by The Count" and you'll be able to find it there. Hope this helps.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Where's Abby?

I really feel like someone (the media? Sesame Workshop?) has made fools of us. We got all worked up debating whether she'd be good or not and it turns out . . . it doesn't matter. If she's only on two episodes (or, as someone suggested, she's going to show up later on only one more), then why'd we give it so much thought?

And darn it, I'm actually wanting to see her again. (Just not as often as we see Elmo.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Kinda saw this happening, especially after last year's stink about Cookie Monster giving up cookies.
CM: Me not give up cookies!
We know Cookie Monster. Now run along back to SS, I think Kyle's looking for you.
CM: Oh OK... Bye!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
DTWolf said:
I really feel like someone (the media? Sesame Workshop?) has made fools of us. We got all worked up debating whether she'd be good or not and it turns out . . . it doesn't matter. If she's only on two episodes (or, as someone suggested, she's going to show up later on only one more), then why'd we give it so much thought?

And darn it, I'm actually wanting to see her again. (Just not as often as we see Elmo.)
Maybe the truth is you either heard 1 thing or misinterrpeted it and then when you watch SS you found out that whatever you read or heard wasn't what you thought of it or what it sounded like. Of course when it comes to various sources, Not all of them are accurate and maybe it's best to stick with the SW press releases say.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
DTWolf said:

It's the media, they grab on to stories and build them up. Like the story about Abby in the newspaper.

Although, maybe they did that just so we WOULD want to see her again. You know absence makes the heart grow fonder....