New Henson GSN show: Late Night Liars

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The puppets and puppetry look great. If it weren't so scripted the natural improv humor of the performers might shine brighter. The jokes are a little stale and obvious in this clip. It's too early to tell. I hope for the best. :embarrassed:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I forgot to set the DVR for this, but from what I've read on the TP forums, I didn't miss anything special. I'm usually one for swearing/lewdness on TV, so long as it's appropriate (context-wise), not when it's the only way to get a laugh.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
eh it was ok but I was mosyly ZZZzzzzzZZZzzz.
Perhaps it's the scripted thing, I don't know but I can't stand the host or the mummy.

ploobis

Reaction score
I still can't wait to see the next episode! I love the puppets, I love Larry Miller and I love the idea of the game.

The Weasel has got to be Victor Yerrid's best character!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
eh it was ok but I was mosyly ZZZzzzzzZZZzzz.
Perhaps it's the scripted thing, I don't know but I can't stand the host or the mummy.
I agree with you with the meh-factor, but the Mummy and Larry are my favorite parts for some reason. :confused: I guess it's that they seem more relaxed and less on-the-nose.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The Mummy (based on that clip) seems to be sort of a Paul Lynde character... maybe?

I'm not crazy about what I've seen. But I do love that weasel! They should just make it the Larry Miller and Weasel show.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I Love Cashmere Ramada. she's funny! I've recorded some episodes on my DVR.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I forgot to set the DVR for this, but from what I've read on the TP forums, I didn't miss anything special. I'm usually one for swearing/lewdness on TV, so long as it's appropriate (context-wise), not when it's the only way to get a laugh.
They're going to rerun it tonight at 3 in the morning. You might want to set the DVR and watch it for yourself. I think you'll find yourself disagreeing with the people at TP.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I agree with you with the meh-factor, but the Mummy and Larry are my favorite parts for some reason. :confused: I guess it's that they seem more relaxed and less on-the-nose.
I don't know but the old gay stereo type has been done to death recently when it comes to Henson Alternative.
I just don't think Larry works very well with the characters but I'll watch again just in case it was first episode jitters or something lol
The Mummy (based on that clip) seems to be sort of a Paul Lynde character... maybe?

I'm not crazy about what I've seen. But I do love that weasel! They should just make it the Larry Miller and Weasel show.
Pretty much Scooter, and that's already being done on American Dad and it's being done much better.