Muppets wrap up new MasterCard commercial for November debut

petrieboy

Reaction score
I just saw it during the Today show. This little commercial captures what has been missing from the Muppets in the last decade. It all made it very clear to me. The Muppets work best when they are going about their real lives, in the real world. No more fantasies involving space or story classics please... put the Muppets out to deal with reality. Walking on the street of New York... dining in a restaurant... riding in the taxi cab... and the beautiful filming of it all... if they could capture the hint of magic they showed here in a full length feature film, with Academy Award caliber, original songs (Maybe they can call on Alan Menken from Little Shop of Horrors)... they will be back on top with a huge hit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now this I HAVE to see! Hope it's on during Raymond tonight!

tomahawk

Reaction score
just saw it today. it is a great slice of muppet heaven! fozzie and animal don't sound bad at all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What about Scooter and Janice? Just want to know if they talk, have substncial parts and how they sound.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Just saw a short version (I guess). Before "Raymond".

*shrug*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oops! Mixed up the threads. I meant to post that in the Christmas thread.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I need sort of a hint here. I know it's only airing on cable channels from now until the 15th, but I don't know which channels I should be watching in order to find it. I guess I should watch something with Mastercard as its sponsor. This is something that makes me disappointed the World Series is over. They probably would have aired it then if it wasn't still in the process of filming.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
People have reported seeing it on VH1 and also Lifetime (the longer version). Apparently, some national stations have already started showing it as well, as it's been seen on NBC during the Today Show and on CBS before Everybody Loves Raymond. It is scheduled to run through Christmas so keep your eyes open for it. May not be a bad idea to put a tape in for a couple hours and check it later.